• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

catheder ???

wishingfor3rd

Reaction score
i am expecting twins in april and my dr has scheduled a csection for me just in case one of them is breech ect. for april 9th. i am hoping to deliver vaginally because of the recovery time with four kids will be difficult. but my biggest fear is, is it painful to have the catheder in and what does it feel like coming out? the women in my family say its nothing but i think they arent being completely honest and thats what i want! also how painful is it really afterward, honestly!!??

when i had my first section i didnt feel a thing, second time when they took it out it kinda tickled! strange i know, i think it hurts people when they have it done for other reasons but when they put it in youve already had the spinal, and youre on pain killers when they remove it, youll be fine :)

I didn't have a section, but I had an epidural during my delivery and I couldn't feel the catheter at all. So if you have an epi or spinal beforehand, you won't even notice. I felt slight pressure when they were moving it into me, but it was no big deal. HTH. :hugs:

I had my catheter inserted while in labour before my epidural. I won't do that again if I need another c-section. I will have it inserted afterwards. Because I was in labour, and very swollen down there, it was quite uncomfortable to have it inserted.

Taking it out, I didn't feel anything.

They put mine in after I'd had the spinal.
& the nurse pulled it out when I was in the shower and it didn't really hurt much at all. :)

I didn't feel a thing tbh x

They put mine in after my little man was born and the nurse took it out 6-7 hours later and I didn't even feel it xx

I'm not sure when they put mine in as it was an emergency c section and I had to be put under. When it was taken out I was worrying about it but honestly I didn't feel a thing. I was surprised when she said it was out, I was like.. oh. Good luck. x

Yep I didnt feel a thing either. I had an EMCS so they put it in then and then the next day the nurse just pulled it out. When she said it was out I was like 'right ok, so thats it then' lol.

x

I've had one put in before and after a spinal and it was fine both times and didn't really feel anything coming out.

Ask for it to be put it after the spinal and you won't even know they've done it! And when they take it out it doesn't hurt at all and takes 2 seconds! Honestly... I spent weeks worrying about it for nothing!

I didn't feel it going in as I had my epidural and it didn't hurt coming out either! This is going to sound strange but I was actually thankful for my catheter because I was in so much pain and didn't have to get up to pee! :haha:

I didn't feel it going in as I had my epidural and it didn't hurt coming out either! This is going to sound strange but I was actually thankful for my catheter because I was in so much pain and didn't have to get up to pee! :haha:

I must admit... I was rather the same. Although I did want to try and get up for myself as I kept pulling on the catheter by accident and it was doing my head in. But it was nice not having to worry about peeing!

Not read the other replies but they put mine in after the spinal so i could not feel a thing didnt even know they had put one in tbh and they took it out the next day and again i didnt feel anything :)

Mine was put in after the c-section, I had feeling in my legs already so I believe the epi was done? It didn't hurt at all, it was removed the following day and didn't hurt either.

The guy put mine in during a contraction :nope: I screamed it hurt so bad. I hadnt had any pain relief at this stage.
I see others didnt have a problem so I dont know if it was just because I was having a contraction or what but it really did hurt. Takign it out was a doddle though, didnt hurt at all.

I double checked that they were going to give me the spinal before the catheter went in and they did, so I didn't feel a thing.

When they took it out, it didn't hurt at all - it just felt similar to pulling a tampon out.

xx

The guy put mine in during a contraction :nope: I screamed it hurt so bad. I hadnt had any pain relief at this stage.
I see others didnt have a problem so I dont know if it was just because I was having a contraction or what but it really did hurt. Takign it out was a doddle though, didnt hurt at all.

Same here, they put mine in before the spinal during contractions. Hurt to go in because of labour, but didn't hurt coming out!

Had mine put in after the spinal and taken out the next day the nurse said it may sting a little I honestly didn't feel a thing had to ask was it out and she said I took it out 10 minutes ago haha x

I didn't feel a thing either. I was almost sad when it was gone because now I back to getting the urge to pee which meant I had to get up to go the bathroom. It was nice to just lay back and not worry about feeling uncomfortable! lol Though I didn't like having to drag my pee bag with me whenever I walked up and down the hallways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->