Cats notice your pregnant?

susied

Reaction score
I have a 6 year old cat and a 2year old cat. This is my first pregnancy. My oldes cat is a mommas girl and will not leave my side. She follows me around and even naps right by me. My younger cat wants nothing to do with me. She is vocal and meows at me but will not cuddle (she is normally a cuddle bug). I'm pretty sure they know! Anyone else have cats that knew?!

Im sure mine does, hes affectionate but comes and goes as he pleases. The past few weeks he won't go away and wants to smother me - i really like my space atm so I've had to shut him out of the room at times (meanie!)

Mine has peed all over my bed!!! Never b4! She's usually an outside cat but from time to time she'll come in an hang out but will let lust know whn its time to go but I think she's Po'd at me now lol

Cats seem to pick up on it. They either become overly attached, same as usual, or will have nothing to do with you at all.

My oldest cat won't leave me alone. She's always on me, beside me, or watching me. If I'm outside she'll try to keep me out of the roads (really cute when she does that.) She even talks more.

My eight month old kitten was cuddly at first but now he's like 'eh, whatever'.

lol. Normal cat thing.

One of the first things that made me wonder if it was my month was that my cat would not leave me alone! She has always been obsessed with my husband, but suddenly started walking right over him to get to me!

She doesn't like all the constant throwing up though...So now she avoids me!

My cat was pissed when I had my baby. :haha: beforehand she kinda just ignored me

Yup my cat lies and purrs next to memost nights at my belly and she usually ignores me!

I think they can tell for sure! we are living with my mother atm, and she has a cat and we have 2 of our own, her cat usually pees in my shoes and craps on our bed (if we don't shut our doors constantly) you can tell its a 'screw you' sort of act, but the last week and a half he has been my constant shadow! won't even let me get settled before he's up on my lap!

I think they know. We have 2 cats, one of them is super friendly and always in te middle of my business, she even sleeps at my head on we own pillow but has to put a foot on me. Our other cat is not a sociable but all of a sudden she sleeps at my head sits next to me on the couch, pretty much if I am not moving her butt is planted next to or on me...

Mine practically never left my side with DD, then when she was born - she didn't wanna know me! With this pregnancy, she's been no different to before I was pregnant.

Our cat used to LOVE me the whole pregnancy he was so protective and whenever I was sitting on the sofa he would curl up on my belly and lay his head against my stomach. He loved it especially once baby started moving and it could be felt from the outside.

But the day we came home with baby... that cat despised me and the baby more so... We ended up giving the cat over a year to bond with baby and re-bond with me... after several replaced bed sets (from peeing and pooping all over them), replaced carpets for same actions and near misses of the cat biting my son we decided to find him a new home with my Mother In Law who he adores! He is a one-two adult owning kind of cat...

I hope I don't scare anyone who loves their pet but this is just what happened to us and for the safety of myself and our son we decided it was best to find our cat a new home where everyone could be happy and safe again.

@amanda- aww in so sorry to hear that. I'm hoping we don't have that experience!

@worrying- my cats hate the constant throwing up too!! But they act more concerned than anything, my younger one comes in to the bathroom and investigates. One time she tried to see in the toilet! She almost fell in!! Lol! That gave me a laugh.

@everyone: it's so interesting to hear the different behaviors of cats. My cats have only been around babies once or twice. My oldest runs and hides and my youngest sniffs them and gives them head butts. Lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->