Cause for concern?

Ard3ntAng3l

Pregnant with Number 1
Reaction score
PLEASE DON'T R&R
I am 21+2 today. Last week my Georgina was moving about like a kid with a sugar rush, but this week she just seems chilled and only moves once in a while? Is she gearing up to become a kung fu master in the next few days or are her minimal movements a cause for concern.

I am not so paranoid yet as to arrange for a scan (just in case) and I am feeling fine otherwise, but are there additional signs I should be looking out for just in case something does develop into a cause for worry.

sorry to ask such a silly question, but this is my first and well, trying to do right by her :flower: DH and I will be going to our first antenatal class tonight - we are super excited :happydance:

thanks ladies for any comments

I can't really help as this is my first and I'm not far enough along to offer any advice. I do know that kick counting doesn't start until later on though. I bet your baby is just having a lazy day. I've heard that can happen in those early movement stages. Hopefully someone can come by and post something wise to calm your fears :hugs:.

Hi. I believe midwives dont kick count until 26 weeks. Babies have quieter weeks which is usually a growth spurt.
If you need some reassurance, drink some ice cold water then lay down flat for 15 mins or so.
Hth

Its really common for them to have active periods and resting periods, some ladies haven't even felt movement by 21 weeks, so I wouldn't be too concerned at this stage..

Just try to relax ;)

at 22 weeks my baby had a period of 12 hrs in which i didn't feel him move, i called the hospital and they told me to come in. they didn't seem overly concerned though cause at that early stage they still have stacks of room to move around without you feeling it. all they did was check the heartbeat.

at my midwife appt today the midwife asked me about the baby's movements. i said yesterday he was quite quiet and she said i should ahve come in. she told me that just last week she had 2 women who came in. one hadn't felt the baby move for 2 days and one for 1 day; both of their baby's had died. these women were at 36 and 38 weeks. made me realise that you can't be too careful.

if you're worried i would def go get checked out.

at my midwife appt today the midwife asked me about the baby's movements. i said yesterday he was quite quiet and she said i should ahve come in. she told me that just last week she had 2 women who came in. one hadn't felt the baby move for 2 days and one for 1 day; both of their baby's had died. these women were at 36 and 38 weeks. made me realise that you can't be too careful.

if you're worried i would def go get checked out.

In the UK anyway you are told to track the movement from 26/28 weeks and if you have a quiet day to go straight in and see someone, i see from this quote above that the ladies were well past the tracking stage and probably should have gone in sooner, but try not to let this scare you. If you feel unsure at all after a couple of hours of trying to wake your baby, then seek medical assistance as they won't mind at all, that is what they are there for. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->