Cautious about WTT

DolceBella

Mum of 2 Gingers!!
Reaction score
I just recently joined WTT, but it feels a little weird. It's technically right for me, as I'd like to start trying Jan. 2011. But does this mean that I'm not content with where my life is now?? Do I always need to be "waiting" for the next stage of my life? Anyone else feel this way?

I think i see what you mean. Sometimes i sit there and think, i spend so much of my life 'waiting' that i don't enjoy the here and now! Its like when Poppy was born, i couldn't wait for her first smile, then for her to hold her head up, then for her to sit up etc...and now all of sudden she's done it all and i miss the time that has passed!

When will we learn? xxxxx

I understand and agree. As long as we don't spend our time waiting around, focusing on a future moment, I think its fine. The present is the most precious thing and the only moment we do truly own.

Completely. Because it took us a while to conceive, I know we will have to plan to get the family we want. I feel really guilty planning another baby when we've only just had Jacob, but I know our family isn't complete and we both want a big family. Sometimes I feel like I should relax and enjoy what we have. I wish it was easier for us to get pregnant then we wouldn't have to do this

I think the good thing about the WTT section is that even though everyone has things to keep them occupied in the meantime, there are times that it is frustrating/upsetting etc to have to wait.
You can be focused on what you're doing now, but it's always good to plan for the future.

I totally understand what you mean. My husband is in the military and when he's gone on deployment for 7+months I feel like I'm spending a large chunk of time just "waiting" for life to start again, no matter how busy I try to keep myself.

i suppose that i use wtt as a way to look forward to the future, yet, enjoy the present more so, as i think, well, it's not going to be just us and maddi for that much longer, so enjoy it now :D if that makes sense!?!

I know exactly what you mean! I am only almost 20, and wont be TTC for a while yet, I probably would be in a good position to do so (financially) in 5 years or so, but waiting for my OH would probably make it more like 6/7 years, unless we had an oopsie, because I am sure he would get more willing to take risks when we are both in secure jobs and financially stable :winkwink:

Anyway, when i think about actually having a WTT journal, It does make me think I shouldn't be wishing my life away and i hope it doesn't come across as though I am not enjoying the here and now.

I love me and OH's relationship, and I am excited for our next few years together when we both leave university (without a little one) but I can't stop my broodiness, and I am sooo very excited for being ready as well as all the experiences that happen leading up to it, so I guess I see my journal as documenting that, more than moaning about the fact that I want a baby now.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"