Cautious BFP after mc (before first AF!)

victoria1987

Reaction score
Here I am, much sooner than I thought I would be. I sadly lost my first pregnancy on 24th December at 6 weeks and only one month later have discovered I am pg again! :happydance: I followed my hCG levels down and was getting BFNs 7 days after mc. I have since gotten 3 BFPs including a cb digital 2-3 weeks. Yesterday my Dr. confirmed my new pregnancy through bloods and I have my first scan appointment on 5th February.

DH and I are so thrilled but I am terrified, I am willing this LO to just hold on! Not sure if having a mc and getting pg right away afterwards will increase the risks to this pregnancy (Dr. says no, but I still worry). I am so thankful that this was so easy for us (first pg was conceived on bcp) and am just trying to keep my outlook positive and stress levels down.

If any of you have any sucess stories for pg soon after mc I would take great strength from them. :flower:

I'm so sorry for your loss but congratulations on your bfp :hugs:

I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months :flower:

Congrats. We lost our baby dec 23 2012 I discovered feb 1st 2013 I was pregnant again. Our gorgeous son was born in oct. He's now 3 months.

Its scary but dont stress yourself out, not good for either of you. Easier said than done I know. Best of luck to you. Enjoy it.

I'm sorry for your loss but congratulations on your bfp! May little one be super sticky, happy & healthy 9 months:hugs:

hey hon, i've had losses myself and there is an increased risk of mc only if you've had a d&c done. for natural mc's there is no extra risk. the only thing is that because of the loss and the new pg coming too soon, both you and OH are to expect a real emotional rollercoaster, where both the grief for the loss and the joy for the new LO and the worry over the new pg are all mixed and often present at the same time!

the only advice i feel i can give you two for this, is to keep the mutual communication as clear as possible and talk about your feelings openly whatever they may be. also, if you start feeling overwhelmed by everything, looking for a professional help may be useful! and there is also a great PAL (pregnancy after a loss) forum here and you could also ask for advices/support there too!

Congrats!! How wonderful!! I lost my last pregnancy to BO in Nov and got pregnant after 1 cycle!! Good luck :thumbup:

Congrats!!!
My little one is almost a year and came after second miscarriage....
I've never heard there's an increased risk of mc following a d&c..... My lo was conceived after a d&c and before first af..... In fact I know several women who have medical d&c 's to clean them out in order to conceive. But regardless you are prego. Enjoy! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months

:) Thinkpositiv!! congrats on your rainbow, i remember you from the mc support forum!

i was STRICTLY banned from ttc for several months after my d&c, as they told me my uterine wall was way too thin to sustain a pregnancy after the intervention. but i have no idea if my surgery was a bit different than a standard one as they thought i may be running an infection (which i wasn't).

still, these were the first words i was told after i woke up and they really really insisted both on my oh and i to avoid conception for at least 2-3 months :/ which was the worst waiting time ever.

but after a natural mc i think there is no such risk and some women even get more fertile immediately after.

That's bittersweet. Congratulations, I hope you have a happy and healthy 8 months!
x x x

Sorry for your loss but congratulations on your bfp!!!!! Hoping with you this one is a sticky one.

Congratulations! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->