• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CBFM Test Sticks Question

TripleB

Lucky Mum of 2
Reaction score
Morning all, I have a quick question.

This is my first month of using CBFM and I am on my 17th HIGH day (CD22)! I know it is learning my cycle the first month so might not be accurate but it has confirmed what I suspected - that I am ovulating late / having longer cycles since MC/ERPC :wacko:. I am temping too so I know I haven't ovulated.

Every day since CD8 my HIGH test stick has just been one dark line (the estrogen one). But, the last few days the estrogen line has got a lot lighter and the LH line a little bit darker - but still HIGH. I was wondering whether I should count these last 2 days as my proper HIGHS and expect a PEAK in the next few days? I have increased EWCM and a skin breakout which is also a good sign for me.

I guess my question is, how many HIGH days is normal before PEAK (not on first cycle of using CBFM). I am hopeful I'm going to ov in the next few days - Valentine's weekend could be fun!

x

like you said the CBFM is getting used to your cycle....so that accounts for highs over such a long period....
but even after months of using it I never had a set amount of high days....it is different every month....I suppose hormone levels are different every month....
sometimes I will get 2 or 3 days of highs and sometimes it will go from low straight to peak......
sorry if that is not much help...
good luck in catching the eggy!

Thanks kehate - can I ask what your test sticks look like on your high days? x

hey Hun, when did you mc? I read cbfm pick up hormones up to 3 months after loss. X maybe so many high days because of that?

I just bought mine and can't use it until next cycle so can't really offer any advice x

Thanks kehate - can I ask what your test sticks look like on your high days? x

like you said the estrogen line is getting lighter, whilst the LH line is getting darker.....on a a peak day the are very similar in strength, but the estrogen is still a little darker...I think

found this on here...
https://www.babyandbump.com/ovulati...m-progression-photos.html?highlight=peak+cbfm

found this on here...
https://www.babyandbump.com/ovulati...m-progression-photos.html?highlight=peak+cbfm

Oooh that's brilliant, today's stick looked just like the CD10 one on the pics so maybe a peak tomorrow - thanks hekate! x

hey Hun, when did you mc? I read cbfm pick up hormones up to 3 months after loss. X maybe so many high days because of that?

I just bought mine and can't use it until next cycle so can't really offer any advice x

Hey babyell, I MC on 29 Oct 09 so its been 3 months but this is only 2nd full cycle. I think my hormones are a bit up in the air at the moment delaying ovulation. Maybe I'll have more luck with CBFM next month - but hoping I won't need it! Good luck to you. x

Hiya - The Oestrogen is triggered after your period by FSH hormone -the oestrogen gradually increases then peaks and at that point causes the LH surge in order to kick off ovulation so I think that the oestrogen should start to dip just before ovulation. Don't know what the sticks will look like as am also waiting my first month of it which should be any day now - unless I'm pg so hoping that I spent a load of cash for nothing!! hx

https://www.merck.com/mmhe/sec22/ch241/ch241e.html

good graphs showing the interplay of said hormones on this link

Hi hun I would expect a peak soon if your estrogen line is getting lighter and LH getting darker. When one is darker than the other you will get a peak.

I tend to get 4/5 days of High then 2 peak then high then lows. After 1st peak monitor will give you another peak and then high regardless of whether you pee on the stick or not.

I have had 2 BFP using CBFM however I have lost those PG but still it does work.

How long are your cycles?

Another high this morning but still a lighter estrogen line than before and visable LH line so maybe tomorrow!

Fluffyblue - my cycles are a bit all over the place since MC. Took 7 weeks to return after ERPC and then next AF was 32 days but I can't be sure I ovulated (had a positive OPK CD20 but wasn't temping then). This looks like its going to be a long one too as CD23 today and no peak but temps are dropping so hopefully its a pre-ov dip and it will happen in the next few days. I've had mid-cycle spotting for the last 2 cycles around CD12 so I think that's delaying ovulation a bit. We'll get there in the end I hope! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->