CBFM (thread/statistics) graduates TTC,BUMPS & BABIES 2011/2012

Hi All, Glad you're all doing well. I'm fine, still no real symptoms. Slight nausea but crazy tired today, so much so I dont think it will be long till I head to bed.
Just wondering if any of you know how maternity pay and leave works? I know you can take up to a year on basic maternity pay, but anyone know anything about your work pay?
I'm just planning ahead mentally, not told my work yet! x

Hi All, Glad you're all doing well. I'm fine, still no real symptoms. Slight nausea but crazy tired today, so much so I dont think it will be long till I head to bed.
Just wondering if any of you know how maternity pay and leave works? I know you can take up to a year on basic maternity pay, but anyone know anything about your work pay?

not sure how it works in the UK, Here in the US i think we only get 6 weeks :( I dont get any at my job..boo!!!

OMG my ticker has changed to 6 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yay!!! When can we stop worrying??? I am almost 9 weeks and convinced myself today that I am miscarrying. I think my constant spotting is messing with my mind! :(

In the UK statuatory maternity leave is 6 weeks at 90% pay, and then up to 9 months at the basic rate which is about £124ish per week (subject to tax (and NI I think)). I think everyone in the UK is entitled to this so long as you've been with the company a certain amount of time when you fall pregnant. But your work may have a more generous scheme - my friend works for a large global company and would get 6 months full pay, but if she takes it she has to go back to work for 2 years after or pay back the amount.

Our government websites are useful for explaining the statuatory bit!
xxx

hiya girlies....can anyone else feel their uterus just above the pubic bone?????
mine is hard as a rock......

not yet but i'm a week and a half behind you. had a little prod around but couldnt feel anything x

Dont think my work will bw that generous, I work for a very small company. Oh well will have to wait and see.
Hope you're all well?
Stranjgirl, I agree with dreamer. I think we might all relax a little bit more once we get to 12 weeks.
Keep us updated Trix on the scan etc.
Thank god its the weekend....yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know, I can't wait for 12 weeks. Last night it almost seemed that the spotting was subsiding as the color was getting really light and close to normal, but then this morning I woke up to red!! It has now turned dark brown again and is somewhat heavy, where the past 2 days it has been just light spotting. It gets so stressful and has really affected my mood. I know there is nothing I can do about miscarrying, and if it is meant it is meant, but I hate waking up every morning to something different and not knowing if it is bad, or just my normal unusual benign spotting. Then when I see red I worry and get scared to go to work, as at this far along I assume it will be very bloody and painful and I work an hour away from home. I really can't wait til that 12 week mark...although if I am still spotting/bleeding I don't think I will feel comfortable even then. Sorry for the rant. Hope you ladies are feeling well!

so sorry to hear that your having spotting like that, must be very stressful and just what we dont need in early pregnancy!!! hope it stops soon hun x

Morning ladies, I added your names as bump buddies to my signature hehe. Fizzio - glad you've joined us hun! Do you want to join us as bump buddies? x

Oo yes please Dreamer. Although not quite what I have to do to be a bump buddy! :shrug:

Who mentioned twins????!!!!!

Nothing special, just go through it all together, we're all similar times so will be good to share with people we know :)

Well trixie may possibly have twins because they run in her family, and her last pregnancy was triplets! And Stranjegirl mentioned it to me because I got a 3+ on a digi yesterday (i was only 2+3 since conception) which must mean my hcg levels are pretty high! We've bought a pram, not thinking that through clearly, we were so excited, got an amazing deal and arent superstitious so we went for it even though its early days, now im thinking uh oh if it is twins!!! Going to have a private scan at 8 weeks so that will be exciting to see x

:hugs: Stranjegirl, it must be such a worry for you. At least you are being monitored closely. I have a friend who bled through the whole of her pregnancy and went on to have happy and healthy bouncing baby. I'm sure you will be the same :) We are all here for you if you want a good old rant, your only human. I rant and rave all the time :haha:

As for me, i'm going on holiday in 5 weeks and worried I i'll be able to stick the heat...i'm baking all the time!

Do you think it will be ok to fly, its 4hr flight and i'll be about 10 weeks?

Hi girls, looks like I can join you over here now. Sending good thoughts your way Stranje.. :hugs: I'm still lightly spotting, but since it's been off and on again for weeks it makes it easier to dismiss. Hopefully it lets up and you can relax! I will call the doc next week and see what my next steps are - am taking meds for hyperthyroidism + being over 35 throws me into high risk so I should be able to get in pretty quick. Only have told DH, think I'll hold off telling my parents until after a blood test confirms it.. at least that's what I'm thinking today. If it takes too long to get in and get it done I may not be able to wait =)

welcome tobaira.....great to see you here!!!!
how far along are you???

i still have that cold i had .....now i have it 2 weeks....maybe thats a symptom for me??

no other symptoms, but can still feel my uterus high up.....i just know that there is more than one in here....i have a scan so if i can figure it out ill post it and you can tell me wat you think! its the one from 5 weeks so its pretty hard to see!

babies 001.jpg

ok i think i did it right.... if you look at the bottom left of the sac there is defo something, but i can also see something at the top left of the sac and i can see a split to the right of the middle, indicating a second sac???

can anyone see wat im seeing>???:dohh:

thx Trixie. I'm only about 12 dpo so.. is that almost 4 weeks maybe? I don't really know how that works. I woke up at 4:30 am with some minor twinges on my left side and nausea.. so between that, dh's snoring, the birds and the light coming in I was up for 2 hours before I finally fell back asleep. So I'm pretty tired today. Glad I'm working from home today!

Not sure about your scan, but I have no idea what I'm looking for. I thought maybe I could see the split that you were talking about but I'm not sure. Hopefully someone else has better eyes for this than me!

Just got off the phone with the doctors office, my ob is out next week so my apptmt won't be until the 24th unless they decide to have me see the np because of the thyroid thing (she said she would check and get back to me). I guess it's not all that important to get in right away.. already on prenatals so.. not much else she can tell me that I probably don't already knkow

yey good to see you here tobaira :D

i'm so rubbish with seeing things (can never see test lines when they are a BFP) i can't see much - how would you feel about twins?

claire1 i think your flight will be ok, if you are concerned maybe speak to your gp or midwife?

just booked a private scan today for the 25th june (19 days and counting!!!) can't wait! x

yey good to see you here tobaira :D

i'm so rubbish with seeing things (can never see test lines when they are a BFP) i can't see much - how would you feel about twins?

claire1 i think your flight will be ok, if you are concerned maybe speak to your gp or midwife?

just booked a private scan today for the 25th june (19 days and counting!!!) can't wait! x

Thanks hun, bet you're really excited bout the scan. I have to wait till mid-end of july.
I'm really looking forward to the break, but think I'm gonna struggle in the heat. Anyone else feeling really hot all the moment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->