CD 1 - Valentines Day

Starkette

Reaction score
Who else got a special gift today? Hello there AF! How nice of you to show up.

I've already planned for next cycle. We're going to try the Sperm Meets Egg plan.

Who wants to wait with me?

Me ! I created a similar thread yesterday :)

I'm cd2 today so my gift came yesterday ( on my birthday)

And my plan is also to try smep :)

This is our first proper trying cycle this time round . I need to buy opks and I will be tracking temps if I can manage it !

Glad to see I'm not alone! 😉

I've heard good things about smep. We've been trying for about 6 months on and off since February last year. Last month we put in a lot of effort but this month is the first time we're putting structure to it and adding OPKs and preseed and maca root supplements. Keeping everything crossed!

Ah yes preseed is on my list too! Used it to conceive both of my children :)

What is the maca root about ? Not heard that ?

I am just trying to eat mega healthy ( she says after stuffing chocolate all day !). Lots of veg and seeds etc.

I read the smep - start bd on cd 8 right ? We may be bding same daysish! When do you usually ovulate ? I need to find this out about me !

2 years ago it was cd 16-19 average but I'm wondering if it's a bit earlier now as cycles are 27-28 days x

Yes, start on cycle day 8. I just made a little calendar so DH knows to not be too tired or anything.

My cycles are longer, anywhere from 30-34 days (usually 32). According to my app, I should be ovulating around Friday March 3rd, I'll be interested to see if OPKs agree! I keep wondering if I'm not ovulating when I think I am and maybe that's why I haven't gotten pregnant. With DD it only took two cycles to get it right. But I'm probably just paranoid. They say there's only a 25% chance every month so we just got lucky before.

Maca root is apparently a great fertility supplement (and has other benefits like helping with low energy and to regulate your thyroid and such). I figured it couldn't hurt! Haha! I'm trying that over Vitex (another herbal supplement) because I heard Vitex is to help regulate your period and mine is already very regular so I don't think I need it. Maca is good for men and women.

Ah interesting about maca root !

I would guess I ovulated last cycle around cd 15 but want to try temping to see if I'm right !

It's going to be a lot of bding doing smep considering that we don't often bd at all !

Last cycle it was once on cd 13! We weren't really planning on trying though .

Do you take pregnancy tests early ? Or wait to see if AF is late ?

My dd took 1 month and my son 16 months so who knows this time ! X

We don't usually bd too often either, only because we both work and have a toddler and he's going to school. There's a lot to keep us occupied and tired. I've enjoyed the necessity though, I think it's brought us closer to commit to bd-ibg so much.

I always test early! Haha! I have high expectations as I got a bfp with DD on 10dpo. I feel like I've wasted so many pregnancy tests, I should have just waited for AF. Oh well, I'll probably always test early.

How about you?

Well can you imagine how many tests I used ttc for 16 moths ?! Lol

I was pretty sure I got. Mega early positive with dd but then I don't know when I ovulated - back then cycles were 27 days so maybe I ovulated early - didn't really know much about it then.

I even did 2 tests last months even though it was so un likely as we only bd once by chance !

I don't want to test lots this time as it gets me down seeing a bfn after the ltttc with ds but that's easier said than done !

Where are you from ?

I am in Kent ( England ) x

I did smep last month Hun was sucessful but didn't stick 😢

I'm thinking of adding maca in next month hun and preseed. I'm already taking my normal vitamins, waiting on opks, smep again baby aspirin and b-100 complex. Toying with taking q-10 and rlt x

AF arrived on Valentine's Day for me too. One more month until I'm officially diagnosed with unexplained infertility. Moving onto IUI after that.

Good to hear that smep has worked for you ladies before. It's encouraging!

Fuschia I've done that before! In November we BDd late and once and I still hoped that maybe magically I was pregnant! Lol! Silly me. Guess I'm not the only one filling those landfills with pregnancy tests! 😊

Wantingagirl- I'm so sorry for your loss. 😢 quick question, what does asprin do? I've seen it mentioned before but I'm not clear as to why.

Guys, I'm so paranoid I'm not even ovulating. I get symptoms but I've never used OPKs and I don't temp.

Starkette - are you thinking of giving opks or temping a go ?

Temping is the only way of knowing for sure when you ovulate , but I'm sure you prob are !

Have you any reason to think you aren't ?

I'll be doing OPKs this month for the first time. I have no reason to believe I'm not ovulating, my cycles are regular and I have ovulation symptoms at the right time every month...I just am paranoid because it's been 6 months of trying. I keep wondering why it's taking so long when DD took 2 months.

Ah I see.

Have you considered tweaking your diet ?

I believe that diet has a huge affect .

I was told to limit wheat,eat nuts and seeds ,not much bread , not of fruit and veg . X

I know how you are feeling as I had the same with my two experiences so I empathize !

That will probably be my next step if this month doesn't work out. Maybe I'll start tweaking it a little now.

Thanks for the advice! Trying to stay positive. Once AF ends I'm always more optimistic.

Yes me too - it sucks when AF hits doesn't it but for me it doesn't take too long to start being positive as its not too long to wait until you can start being proactive and trying - specially with smep. Monday is cd8 for me and hubby is counting down haha!
I just read someone is drinking raspberry tea before ovulation - think I have some of that so couldn't hurt !

X

How are we all doing ??

I'm waiting to ovulate hopefully in next few days

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"