Cd 1

Hi, I'm also from Canada and on CD1 today, been trying for months but this is first time on this site! I usually O later in cycle between cd 16-20. How about you? I wonder if we'll be close... Are you charting or using opk's? I use both, I'm becoming a little obsessed :p

Hello im cd 1 today also this is our first month ttc baby number 2 my cycle usually lasts about 28ish days xx

Hi MamaOfOne, hope u had a beautiful Easter weekend! I'm TTC #1. However, I'm currently with a FS. I don't do anything ... They do it for me. Perhaps I should be? Last month I ov'd on the 14th day. How long have u been trying?

Bump_wanted .... Welcome :) I'm on cd 4 & my period is pretty much done yesterday. Kind of an odd period. Good luck!!!

Easter was great, loved having the extra days home with my little man! Hope you enjoyed some rest time yourself ;) We have been trying since August, but no such luck yet :( It did take quite a while for my cycles to regulate after stopping the Nuvaring in Aug though. DS one was conceived so easily (in fact we were actively trying to avoid at that time) so its beginning to worry me that we have yet to conceive this time around. When did you decide to see an FS. I'm still clinging on to some hope that we will be able to conceive on our own again, but am also wondering at what point will "enough be enough". By the way I am super jealous of your day 14 O, I could only wish to O that early. The wait every months kills me, I am such an impatient person ;) If you don't mind me asking what exactly do you mean by "they do it for me"? Im curious to know what the next steps might be for us..

I went to see a FS after 6 months. They monitor my cycle for me & tell me when I'm going to ovulate. That's why I like going. This month they have me on injectibles to encourage more follicle growth. I usually get 2-3. They want more.

I hope this is our month :)

Oh wow! That must be great, you really get to know what's going on in there. I would love to have all that info. I think I'm going to make an appt with my obgyn and see what he recommends or maybe get a referral, I thought I had to try for at least a year. But now I've also heard others who have gotten help after 6 months as well.. Lucky, looks like next week will be busy for you ;) leading up to O and all. arghhh I've still got about 2 weeks before o day for me..

Hi ladies, I think my cycle is close to yours. All my buddies in other threads are on CD14 or so, so I'm out looking for people who will be doing the 2WW at the same time as me.

Hi littlebird: I'm on cd 5 today of a 32 day cycle :thumbsdown: seems like its dragging on so slowly this month. I o later in my cycle usually not until cd 17-20 so still a while yet. What cd are you?

Hi littlebird: I'm on cd 5 today of a 32 day cycle :thumbsdown: seems like its dragging on so slowly this month. I o later in my cycle usually not until cd 17-20 so still a while yet. What cd are you?

Hi! I usually have a 30 day cycle, but I don't know how Clomid will affect it as this is my 1st cycle. I typically ovulate day 16. On day 5 now. So we'll start out the same and then maybe be a day off at ovulation. Hopefully!

How long have you been ttc before starting Clomid this month? I'm curious as to the reasons that ladies get prescribed it. Is it because you O later in cycle? I only ask because I'm wondering if it's something I should talk to my dr about as I also o quite late in my cycle and have been ttc for 8 mos now. I was under the impression that it was only for ladies who weren't already o'ing. Also did your Gyn prescribe it or were you referred to a FS? Sorry for all the questions, I am very interested :blush:...

No problem, I don't mind the questions!

We got a BFP back in October, LMP being 9/19 (DS1's birthday). Shortly after it was diagnosed as ectopic and I was given a Methotrexate injection. We weren't trying that time, but it was still heartbreaking. After some soul-searching, DH and I decided to try again in March, LMP 2/28. I had a "period" and planned on trying again in April, but then got a BFP about a week from that bleeding. Started spotting/bleeding and blood tests confirmed that I was pregnant but the numbers were decreasing. Thank goodness it ended by itself and I didn't have to do Methotrexate again (or anything else).

I was getting fed up with my OBGYN because of the fact that I had no answers and the staff were quite rude at times. So I called my BFF's FS and made an appointment and went in. She talked to me about all the possible causes for MC and we started blood tests that same day to rule out some of the problems. She said that she wanted to do Clomid/Progesterone because I was showing some symptoms of a Progesterone deficiency and the Clomid would help to make my cycles stronger. I don't know if the Clomid is really necessary, but I was really hoping for the Progesterone. I don't have a problem getting pregnant, but staying pregnant seems to be the issue.

We also have an HSG scheduled for Tuesday, just to make sure there are no problems with my tubes, since the 1st MC was suspected ectopic. So the FS seems to really be doing everything she can to help me and I'm so happy I called her.

I definitely don't want to second guess the FS recommendations because she was able to help my friend so I know she is the real deal. If she says Clomid is the way to go, I trust her. I think some people order it online and take it to try to get multiples, and I wouldn't be heartbroken if that happened, but I just want a normal cycle and a healthy pregnancy. DH says this is the last child, so if it's two, oops? :)

I just noticed that you said you were on cd 5 as well! Missed that the first time. I am trying to stay very stress free and relaxed this month, my normal o is actually day 16 as well :) Maybe we will be right on this month. I have been stressing myself out quite a bit the past few months so I will see positive opks and then not get a temp shift, so i keep testing and then I'll finally get the later o. Hoping for an early one this month.

Thanks for all of the info. I'm so sorry to hear about the losses. It really brought a smile to my face though to see that you seem to still have a nice positive outlook on the situation. I made an appt with my obgyn today actually, as I have a sneaking suspicion about scarring or blockages do to a d&c that i had to have done at the end of 09. They aren't getting me in until June 9th though :coffee: I hope that he will send me to have an HSG. This all just doesn't make sense to me as I had no problems getting pregnant before. I hate to think I have been wasting all this time, only to find out my tubes are blocked or something.](*,) I hope that your hcg comes back nice and clear. Wouldn't that be great to have twins, especially since it will be your last pregnancy, lol your DH would be in for a big shock! ;). DH's sisters are identical twins!

Fingers crossed for our bf's this month!! Normally I am so busy I don't get impatient until about 7dpo. This cycle though I am already so bored with the wait, I feel like O is lightyears away. What to do, what to do!

Thanks for all of the info. I'm so sorry to hear about the losses. It really brought a smile to my face though to see that you seem to still have a nice positive outlook on the situation. I made an appt with my obgyn today actually, as I have a sneaking suspicion about scarring or blockages do to a d&c that i had to have done at the end of 09. They aren't getting me in until June 9th though :coffee: I hope that he will send me to have an HSG. This all just doesn't make sense to me as I had no problems getting pregnant before. I hate to think I have been wasting all this time, only to find out my tubes are blocked or something.](*,) I hope that your hag comes back nice and clear. Wouldn't that be great to have twins, especially since it will be your last pregnancy, lol your DH would be in for a big shock! ;). DH's sisters are identical twins!

The first loss was really hard. I did not like the Methotrexate at all. When I knew the second one was coming, I just prayed that it would be easier and I'm so thankful that it was. I know a lot of FS want you to wait for 3 MC before getting more help, but I just feel like at 34, I'm not getting any younger and I don't want to keep doing the same thing over and over without knowing why the MC are happening. So a few short weeks ago, I wasn't sure how bad the MC would be and here I am, starting my first cycle of Clomid and getting tests done. I don't think they're even doing a lot of the advanced stuff with me, and I hope it's not necessary. This is basic stuff! Some OBGYNs do the tests as well, I just happened to have one before that didn't seem to take early MC seriously. It's just a matter of finding the right people who will help you. My BFF said something about the FS, and it's absolutely true. They make you feel like you're the only patient they're working with. They are nice, they talk to you and make you feel like there is an easy solution and we're going to reach it quickly. So! That is why I'm about to explode with happiness.

I can't believe your OBGYN can't see you until June 9. Have you thought about seeing if there is another OBGYN available for a second opinion? You know your body and it would be really great if you could get the answers to back up your suspicions.

Yes, twins would be a big shock but the percentages with Clomid aren't really that high. I will continue to secretly hope for it but keep telling myself that it won't happen. :)

How was your weekend littlebird? We were out of town visiting family, was a great Saturday here :) I am glad to hear that the second time was not as terrible as the first :( You are so right about knowing your body and pushing for what you think is best. Good for you getting in there sooner than later! I hope that the Clomid is all you need to do the trick this time. I am definitely going to make sure he understands how important it is for me to know all the details of what is or isn't going on with my body right now. He is actually very good and I am really happy with him, it's just his support staff that I have a problem with. They are not very understanding or accommodating. I had requested the soonest appt and mentioned problems conceiving and she just went on to say that I needed to schedule my pap anyways and I could speak to him then, but who has until JUNE 9th to wait for that!?! When ttc that seems like lightyears :wacko:

Is your cycle pretty normal this month or throwing you for any loops? I am wondering if I might actually o early this month for a shocker! We are on cd 8 today and already I have so much wet cm* TMI sry* but I am so confused. Usually my problem is not getting enough if any ewcm but this month it seems that maybe I am headed in the right direction. I 've been taking evening primrose oil and drinking gallons of water. Fingers crossed for an early o or even a cd 16 on-time one would make me happy, anything other than the late o's i've been having lately!

MamaOfOne, I was at a conference all weekend, which was good because it kept me from spending too much time here on BnB. :) The bad thing is that I'm so tired now I just want to sleep for the next few days. Glad to hear you had a good weekend!

I had the same type of experience with my OBGYN. I liked the doctors, but the support staff (well, one member in particular) was rude to me during the second miscarriage. Even though my doctor delivered both of my sons, my loyalty to her was not enough to make me tolerate someone who didn't care about the 2 miscarriages in a row. I don't want to get down into the details here, but I posted about it in my journal to help me deal with those feelings. The bottom line is, if you're having trouble you want to deal with people who are compassionate and proactive. You don't want to feel like you can't trust them with your unborn baby's life.

June 9th is a terribly long time to wait! The only suggestions I can make is that I started taking baby aspirin and Super B-Complex this cycle to make my lining more hospitable for implantation. Apparently the increased blood flow with the baby aspirin can help that situation and a lot of other issues people have in early pregnancy. And the B vitamins can also help the issue. It sounds like you're going to continue TTC before you see your doctor (who wants to wait that long?!?!) so I don't know if you're trying whatever you can until then or if you'd be more comfortable talking to your doctor first. But there is a lot of information in BnB and on Google if you're worried about the quality of your lining.

Definitely still going to continue trying as I'm not 100 % that I do have a blockage. But it is definitely up there for questioning. I'm still hanging onto hope that it will just miraculously happen for us again! I am no doctor but I have had a few theories as to why were having such troubles this time. After stopping Nuvaring, I have not had much good quality ewcm which is why I've started the Evening primrose oil and increasing water intake, which I am so impressed with the outcome already :happydance:. But now that you mention the lining issue, I'm realizing that it is not something I had thought about or had considered :dohh:. Thank you for the suggestion, now I'm definitely going to have to do some googling ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->