CD1 Nov 1, looking for buddies!

I'm still here!! Sorry!! I meant to ask you on Wednesday how your HSG went :) And your DH's SA. Have you got any results back yet?

Just waiting for ovulation, not much to talk about, nervous it's not going to happen. Fingers crossed!

I'm still here!! Sorry!! I meant to ask you on Wednesday how your HSG went :) And your DH's SA. Have you got any results back yet?

Just waiting for ovulation, not much to talk about, nervous it's not going to happen. Fingers crossed!

HSG went great, all clear! SA results, not so much. Low amount of normal sperm. I was completely devastated when I first got the results. I got it from my OB, so we're waiting to hear from DH's urologist to see how to proceed. In the mean time, I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to line up an IUI for after my trigger. No clue if we can afford it, but DH is on board, so I'm just doing my best to figure it all out!

oh no, that's terrible news! I hope they're able to schedule an IUI in time for your trigger. Try not to stress - at least you know there is something that can be done, right? Kind of a crappy silver lining. Big internet hugs.

Just one follicle. I'm a little disappointed but the nurse is trying to line up an iui. The only problem is they might not be able to trigger me until thursday and they don't do saturday appointments. I was at 1.9 cm and they want me at 2. I'm supposed to hear from her this afternoon to decide what we're doing. My lining was really thick though. So still not sure what is really going on until I hear from the nurse.

Well, if you get pregnant this cycle you'll know for sure which egg it was!

So if they trigger you on Thursday, do you do the IUI the same day? I hope it's not rude to ask, how much does it cost to do a trigger/IUI where you are?

I am beginning to panic - it's day 15 and still NO SIGN of ovulation, not even on the horizon. Unless my moods count for it, I have been so depressed yesterday and today, I was really hoping this cycle would be a "normal" cycle because of the Clomid :'( I don't want to find out that I'm not only so messed up I can't get pregnant on my own, but that I'm so messed up not even fertility meds can help me out. I know it's only my first cycle and it's really only day 15 but I can't shake this depression. So that means you have to ovulate & get pregnant for the both of us, okay?

Ok, well first a bit of encouragement. I never ovulate before CD 17 with clomid. Sometimes it's 18 or 19 at the latest (in my experience). Last month I got a +OPK on CD 16. So don't count yourself out just yet!!! Without Clomid I usually O on the same days, CD 17-18. I don't have a problem with ovulation, so that's not why I take the clomid. So if someone with healthy ovulation can not ovulate until CD 19, don't be too down on yourself just yet! P.S. I have gotten pregnant 3 times Oing that late, so it CAN happen!

Secondly, no I don't mind you asking about the price at all. Frankly, that's what I'm waiting to find out. I called the RE the OBGYN recommended at it is $1500 for a clomid/iui cycle if your insurance covers nothing. I think it's safe to assume that will be the case with mine. Right now, so far I have paid a $75 co-pay on CD 1 for her to look at last months chart, do a pelvic, and write my new rx for Clomid. My Clomid was $5 (covered by ins) and this u/s today was 100% covered. The trigger shot is $90 at the cheapest pharmacy I can find. So a total for monitored clomid cycle with timed intercourse is going to be roughly $170. Whatever the cost of IUI/semen wash will be in addition to that. When the nurse calls today she's supposed to have that information.

I'm torn, really torn. I was hoping to have 2 follicles and do IUI. Now with just one, I'm wondering if it would be money well spent?? I'm wondering if it would be better to wait until next month, push for a higher dose of clomid and save our money for an iui when are chances are better (more follicles).

In the mean time we would just BD like usual around O. Not sure I'd even waste money on the trigger. I'm going to ovulate THAT egg with or without it, so what's the point of spending $90?

On the other hand, I had the HSG this month and that is supposed to increase our odds this cycle. So is it worth it to give it a shot?

Two things are really going to determine this for me, so I wish I could just forget about it and see how it plays out. But, A. If I trigger Thursday I can't do IUI b/c they do it 48 hours later (Saturday when they aren't open) and B. If it's too expensive.

Ok, just found out the IUI is $200. That doesn't include sperm wash, which I'm guessing is around $100 since that's how much the SA was. I saw some things online that said $150. And I still have to get the $90 trigger shot. So that puts my total for this cycle at $470.

ouch ... that is quite a bit of money for one little follicle. Have you decided if you're going to do it? Are you in the states? I'm in Canada and I'm not sure how much our health care is covered, but I know fertility treatments aren't usually included.

Just finally got a sorta-maybe-'is it really?' positive opk. I would say it's just as dark as the control line but it may be because I am dying for it to happen. My ferning still shows nada. I've been cruising FertilityFriend charts and after several pages of "on clomid" charts, the average ovulation seems to be around 17 days, so I'm keeping my hopes up. Plus -- if I ovulate today, my due date would be MY BIRTHDAY!!! :D What a great gift that would be.

Let me know how it goes in either case :)

juuuuust noticed your signature, your DD was born 8/8/9?? In which case I would be due on both mine and your daughter's birthday. IT'S FATE, we have to get pregnant this cycle!

According to FF my due date would also be DD's (and your) birthday! I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I considered that good luck! :)

Any sign of O yet? I'm confused as all get out! I got my trigger yesterday and had what was either a +OPK or as close the + as it get right before hand. The test line wasn't darker than the control, but it looked about the same. I hate those kinds of results!!

So instead of BDing every 12 hours after the shot (per dr orders) we decided to wait until 24 hours since DH has morph/sperm issues. So that will be about 4:30 this afternoon. It'll really be closer to 8:30 b/c I'm not going to BD while DD is awake.

But to make matters confusing...I haven't had any fertile looking CM and CP is not high and still firm. But my temp spiked this morning. I took it about 2 hours late and I don't know if the trigger will impact temp, so I don't know if I should go on that??

So I hope we're on the right track with BDing tonight and tomorrow!

I had a "as dark as but not darker than" OPK on Wednesday, and a full blown positive on Thursday. I was so excited!! I also had great ferning on Wednesday, but today (Friday) my temp still hasn't spiked so I think it might be *today*. Of course I've been thinking it's today for the last few days, so who knows. Looks like you're going to be a few days ahead of me on that BFP ;)

I don't know how trigger shots work but if you've got a +opk beforehand AND a trigger, it looks good for you. I guess now all we can do is wait & see. Did you bd yesterday too just to be sure? I always think I am going to miss it, even though you're supposed to be good for quite a few days after bd, lol.

Okay, so I kind of abandoned this thread the last two weeks - sorry! Anyone have any good news to report?

I've been mia too so all is well. Nothing to report yet...13dpo and the trigger is out of my system according to bfn's on 8 & 9 dpo. Haven't tested since then. AF is due between tomorrow and sunday. Will hold out until at least saturday to test. Also dependent on my temps. Haven't been great about temping this month but tomorrows temp should be pretty low if af is on the way. This morning was decent 97.77.

What's your status?

I thought you were ahead of me a few days?! I hate taking my temp on the day that you know it might drop. Good luck!

As for me, I got a faint faint faint BFP last Sunday at 9DPO!!! I couldn't believe it (still can't) so I've been taking them ever since. The first time I got a "real" obvious BFP was last Tuesday. I'm pregnant!!! Finally!!! So this thread must be good luck and you'll have to join me tomorrow :)

YAY CONGRATS!!! I'm having second thoughts about testing tomorrow. I may put it off until Sunday. I honestly don't think I'm pregnant...so I kind of want to let the hope last until AF shows and not ruin the maybe feeling with a BFN. Does that sound dumb??

I thought you were ahead of me a few days?! I hate taking my temp on the day that you know it might drop. Good luck!

I think I got my trigger the day before you O'd, so I should be one day behind you I think?? How many DPO are you now? Have you had any b/w?

Doesn't sound dumb at all. I know the feeling, for sure. Are you having any symptoms of not being pregnant or just don't feel anything? Don't rule it out yet :) I don't feel any different.

Today I am 14 dpo and I had bloodwork yesterday -- my HCG was 143, and I go in tomorrow to check if it's doubling. I feel like a pincushion -- 3 blood tests in two weeks! Ugh!

OMG faint BFP!!! I caved! Here's the full story, because it was kind of a silly round of about way to get pee on the stick! https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/815670-did-something-silly-but-think-its-bfp.html

I went in right away for b/w. They are checking HCG and progesterone. I won't be able to have the repeat HCG until Monday, but it'll be more of a guarantee that it should have doubled in 3 days rather than two. Since I have a history of m/c they will put me on progesterone if my level is low.

They should have today's results when I go in first thing Monday morning and they'll have the repeat numbers by later that afternoon.

I have FRER's so I can test again and do it properly, lol!

I can't believe it -- you've been busy this morning!! Congratulations! So you'll be due a day after your daughter's birthday, lol. What a show stealer that baby is going to be!

I am so excited for you. Have you told your husband yet?

Yes, he is very cautious, but I can tell he's excited. If I go by my ovulation date, it puts my due date at 8/12/12, but if I put in the first day of AF it gives me 8/8/09...DD's birthday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->