CD1 'The witch got me' who's in?

Is your doctor going to insist on seeing 3 months of charts or are you just going to relabel them on Excel? Lol

I have no idea what to expect, really...and don't know how go about it...

Do I go to my GP who I have seen once, but who I really like....and hope she bills as much as possible to my insurance?

Do I go directly to the RE?

Do I bring my charts....would they really want to see them? I have 8 months of charts, but only TTC for half of them due to DH's business trips...

:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

What do you ladies suggest?

Right complete U turn again and it's thanks Indigo's words :)

You're right I will not give this vile person control over my life!

DH & I went into this with the plan of we will give it 100% every month until we are rewarded with our BFP and damn it I am going to stick to that plan.

When she speaks out turn or steps over the mark DH has promised to back me 100% when I tell her to behave and if she doesn't then she will have no involvement in my life or my childs!

Thank you ladies for letting me work this all out and for your encouraging words of support :hugs::friends:

Yay!
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:
:friends::friends::friends::friends:

Is your doctor going to insist on seeing 3 months of charts or are you just going to relabel them on Excel? Lol

Do I go to my GP who I have seen once, but who I really like....and hope she bills as much as possible to my insurance?

Do I bring my charts....would they really want to see them? I have 8 months of charts, but only TTC for half of them due to DH's business trips...

Well, here's my first question...when is the last time you had a pap? I'm not sure that heading straight to the RE is the answer. You can get most of your testing out of the way by an OB/GYN. It will depend on your doctor whether or not they want to see the charts. Mine loves them, but I have heard women say that their doc wants no part of them.

I know you mentioned this before, are you looking for a full investigation or are you hoping to walk out with a script for Clomid? That one is easy to get if it's all you are looking for.

Really can't offer help as not sure how the US system works.

I know my first point of contact is my GP and they refer me if necessary.

My GP hasn't asked for charts but not sure if I will need them further down the line

Well, here's my first question...when is the last time you had a pap? I'm not sure that heading straight to the RE is the answer. You can get most of your testing out of the way by an OB/GYN. It will depend on your doctor whether or not they want to see the charts. Mine loves them, but I have heard women say that their doc wants no part of them.

I know you mentioned this before, are you looking for a full investigation or are you hoping to walk out with a script for Clomid? That one is easy to get if it's all you are looking for.

I would like to get knocked up ASAP without messing around...I don't have time for that...I would like to try naturally for 6 months first, though...

Well, Indigo- I will tell you what my doctor told me...an average healthy woman should be able to get pregnant within 3-4 months, under the age of 35. :growlmad:

Waiting for six months was an option he gave me, but knowing the challenges that women of our age can face, he was willing to be as proactive with TTC as I was comfortable with; keep in mind, he knows I can get pregnant, I just can't get them to stick.

If you want to stay all natural for six months, then I think you are doing just about everything right now; you can do all of the investigation to find out what lies ahead of you, but bear in mind, whatever you might find out could derail your plans for an all natural approach.

I know you do not like doctors and I have a feeling that putting your faith into another person can prove a challenge for you, but this is the one place where you really have to consider taking help if you can get it. All I can tell you is that if I would have taken my own advice many years ago, I might not be kicking myself now. :hugs:

You're right...
I think I had my last pap in August...different GP...she scared me into it...
We should have DH's SA results by Friday...
Maybe I should schedule something for August with GP...I like her....she seems quite competent and I like her nurse, as well...If I get knocked up, I can always cancel...

You're right...
I think I had my last pap in August...different GP...she scared me into it...
We should have DH's SA results by Friday...
Maybe I should schedule something for August with GP...I like her....she seems quite competent and I like her nurse, as well...If I get knocked up, I can always cancel...

I think that is perfect! She might even have a referral for you or at least be able to give you your answers in medical terms vs. breaking it down for you Barney style, like I am doing now, lol.

But, you do need to find an OB/GYN...you're going to need one soon! :hugs:

Right complete U turn again and it's thanks Indigo's words :)

You're right I will not give this vile person control over my life!

DH & I went into this with the plan of we will give it 100% every month until we are rewarded with our BFP and damn it I am going to stick to that plan.

When she speaks out turn or steps over the mark DH has promised to back me 100% when I tell her to behave and if she doesn't then she will have no involvement in my life or my childs!

Thank you ladies for letting me work this all out and for your encouraging words of support :hugs::friends:

Yeah Macwooly!!! :happydance:

I think that is the right decision!! This is a huge priority in your life and you need to do what is best for you and your husband! And agree with someone else's post - you can't pick when it happens, it just happens!

So good luck!!! :headspin::dance:

Ok, question for those in UK as medical care seems to vary from USA. My doc said he would be able to see me after six months of TTC, this is the sixth month, so if we don't conceive this month then I have to go see him. Question is, what sort of tests and treatment should I expect from my GP, obviously I would have initial bloods and stuff, but would they give clomid or would we have to get a referral to hospital to see a consultant and only then get treatment ?

P.S
Sorry, another question...

My DH has difficulty getting away from work, would they see me on my own or would they not treat me at all without seeing us both?

My GP prefers to deal with me and my DH in seperate appointments even though on occasions we both attend together.

I'm on just starting the testing process so can't tell you what happens after that

Hi RacyRaspberry,

I am 35 and been TTC for 27 months now wth a MMC at 12 weeks in Nov 09 and again in Nov 10 at 11 weeks. I was told each time it's just bad luck. I saw 2 doctors in the meantime who told me to stop worrying an just relax (easier said than done ey!!) I was unhapy with this response and opted to see a different doctor with my partner in May 11. She told me she was not overly worried about my situation but booked me in for day 3 and day 21 blood tests. The results came through 2 weeks later and all was normal, she then referred my partner for a SA which took 6 weeks to get the results (nightmare!!) he has a normal sperm count but low morphology. The doctor has told us to "enjoy the summer" and the come back in September if we are still not pregnant. She did say that 90% of referrals for infertility come back unexplained and think she may be trying to save us from this. I'm not sure how to feel really as I feel like time is running out. In the meantime my partner has invested in some volume pills in the hope of improving the quality of the sperm?! nother wait and see!!! The initial day 3 and 21 blood tests tell you whether you are ovulating and also whether the egg reserve is normal so this would probably be your first port of call. I hope this helps:hugs:

Yes thanks, at least I know what to ask fir and expect from my GP

Yes thanks, at least I know what to ask fir and expect from my GP

Another test I am doing is the HSG test that checks to see if your tubes are blocked. My understand is it can be fairly expensive if insuance doesn't cover it but some policies do. :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->