CD1 today (July 17) due to O first week of August. Anyone with me?

I'm going to add several cups of raspberry leaf tea this cycle. I've heard it can do really good things for the uterus and lining.

I'm sipping raspberry tea leaf right now!

Yeah 28 days before ovulation actually seems unnecessarily long... are you coming off of BC?

Yeah. I was on bc for 15 years. Started it at age 15 for severe dysmenorrhea (was bleeding so heavily at 15 that my legs would go numb and I had to lean on the walls to walk at school - it was bad). Pain was so bad nothing could help. Dr even tried vickadin once. Didn't touch the pain. Never stopped because I a) didn't want to get pregnant and b) was afraid of heavy periods again.

Now I look back and wonder why no one looked at any other solution. Either way, 15 years. I quit bc at the end of my February pack so I've been bc free since 3/1/15.

Ok so it's been a while since you've been BC free, I feel like your cycles should theoretically return to normal. Ugh dysmenorrhea sounds really bad, did they ever find the root cause? Also since stopping BC, were your periods really heavy again? Or has been normal until this cycle?

Also sorry to hear about the doc and insurance issues. Kind of sucks when there's not enough medical support. My program is pretty good and I can email my doc and she'll answer within 24 hours always. I can't imagine not having that.

Ok so it's been a while since you've been BC free, I feel like your cycles should theoretically return to normal. Ugh dysmenorrhea sounds really bad, did they ever find the root cause? Also since stopping BC, were your periods really heavy again? Or has been normal until this cycle?

Also sorry to hear about the doc and insurance issues. Kind of sucks when there's not enough medical support. My program is pretty good and I can email my doc and she'll answer within 24 hours always. I can't imagine not having that.

I got tired of waiting, which is why I added the vitex. :) They never found the cause of the dysmenorrhea, but my doctor at the time really wasn't interested in trying. Now that I look back I realize what a horrible doctor she was. Since stopping BC my periods were really light. Lighter than when I was on bc, but at least somewhat normal until this cycle.

Once I get my new insurance I'm hoping to find a new doctor. I'm a little nervous because I just found out that the insurance I'm getting requires that I use only doctors in the Group Health Coop, so that'll be a very new experience for me.

I got tired of waiting, which is why I added the vitex. :) They never found the cause of the dysmenorrhea, but my doctor at the time really wasn't interested in trying. Now that I look back I realize what a horrible doctor she was. Since stopping BC my periods were really light. Lighter than when I was on bc, but at least somewhat normal until this cycle.

Once I get my new insurance I'm hoping to find a new doctor. I'm a little nervous because I just found out that the insurance I'm getting requires that I use only doctors in the Group Health Coop, so that'll be a very new experience for me.

Totally understandable, my entire cycle is like 26-27 days, it would take a really really long time TTC. I suppose it gives you a lot of time to BD though :D

So you just gotta shop for the right doc with your new insurance. It's kind of awesome that your periods are normal after BC. It would be terrible to TTC and then get that every time you don't succeed.

Totally understandable, my entire cycle is like 26-27 days, it would take a really really long time TTC. I suppose it gives you a lot of time to BD though :D

So you just gotta shop for the right doc with your new insurance. It's kind of awesome that your periods are normal after BC. It would be terrible to TTC and then get that every time you don't succeed.

Yeah, aside from the long cycles and short LP, at least my periods are normal. :) And I didn't have to wait months and months like some people did. I'm glad to have a shorter cycle now with the vitex. Gives more opportunities to TTC. I was getting really anxious that I was going to keep the almost 40 day cycles and only get a chance to try every 5-6 weeks and it was freaking me out! :)

Oh congrats Powell on your BFP. Sorry, Af got the others. I am 8dpo and my ladies are so sore. Which is about average timing for my Flo. So I am fairly certain I am out. Anyways, life is keeping me busy two. My cousin just came to two for two weeks. He leaves and a week later my mom will be here. Sigh, problems of living in a huge tourist destination. Good luck to the rest.

I'm in the same boat, plsteph. Not as big of a tourist destination, but we get a lot of friends/family that stay the weekend.

I tested this morning and got :bfn: I think I'm out for this cycle. I just have to wait for AF to show up. Up and on to the next cycle. We're going on vacation next month so I won't temp or use OPKs. We're going to leave it to chance.

We don't get as many people visiting us, but we have been gone every weekend for a month, and now will have to be gone this weekend too. It's killing me. I don't do well with lots of traveling (so many other problems besides just the TTC hassles).

DH and his brother inherited all the property from when his grandparents passed (they raised him) We have to sort through the house and clean it out. The house they grew up in is set to sell this month (thankfully to a neighbor/friend who didn't want to see it go but knew we couldn't afford the mortgage) and so we have to clean out the house before the ned of the month. We live almost 4 hours away and have been down there several weekends to try to clean it out but my brother in law has done ALMOST NOTHING and he lives there. In fact, was still living in the house up until a month ago. We got down there last weekend and the brother says the house is almost empty and find that he's actually done almost nothing. We're frustrated and stressed out by itall. Which probably is not helping the baby making.

I told DH that the weekend I ovulate (last week of August probably) we aren't going anywhere. We are staying home and having a honeymoon week (and weekend) to ourselves. lol

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...b-testers-supporters-18bfps-6-angels-443.html

My test is here

Well AF got me this morning. Up and on to my next cycle.

Congrats on the positives.. Sorry for those that didn't catc the egg this month.

AFM- still no positive for me :( but still no AF either. Being on vacation my options for tests have been ICs and the digital FRER.. So.. I don't know if that's why I'm not getting the positive or not. However my luteal is usually 10 days, and I'm 12 dpo... so I am officially late! FX!!

So I have a question - why is it good to have a long luteal phase? I keep reading that people are taking things to extend their LPs and it's confusing me!

So I have a question - why is it good to have a long luteal phase? I keep reading that people are taking things to extend their LPs and it's confusing me!

I'm interested in this as well!

Congrats Ksierra on your bfp!!!

AF got me yesterday! I however was expecting it since my bloodwork was a BFN.

A longer LP is better because in the event of conception, it gives the egg a better chance at implanting in your uterus. Whereas, if conception does happen and you don't have a long enough LP, the fertilized embryo might not have enough time to implant.

Anddd I'm out. AF began today.

Do we have a new thread for this coming cycle that everyone's moving onto?

Anddd I'm out. AF began today.

Do we have a new thread for this coming cycle that everyone's moving onto?

I started a new thread... if you want to come on over.

New Thread

I'll come over! :)

There's also a New Thread here, which started back on Aug9 that I follow.

Then again, I am a thread-whore. :p I like to post in a few places and have more chances of more replies/ideas/etc. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->