CD2 after multiple mc, 1st cycle with opk/crinone-buddies?

mah0113

Reaction score
hi all

looking for buddies in a similar situation---ive had 2 mc, the last of which was in feb [1st was in sept]..ttc since july, I never expected my journey to look like this. was thrilled to get preg so quick, and just as devastated when it ended. both my mc were at 5 weeks. dr prescribed progesterone starting with rt after o---she never did any tests, but suspects this is the problem.

this iwll be my first cycle using both progesterone as well as the wondfo opk--looking for buddies in the same boat as me and also those with more experience that can help us through!

Hi mah0113!
I have yet time to start TTC again (after an mmc and a d&c on March 9th), but as I suspect I have a similar problem to you, I will be watching your progress.
I fell pregnant the first month of TTC, but our baby stopped developing at 6 weeks :cry: I have somewhat short cycles (around 24 days) which makes me think I couldn't maybe produce enough progesterone. So I'll track my cycles for a couple of months (temps, cm, ovulation microscope and opks) and then start TTC again.
Hopefully, you'll have a sticky bean soon. And a couple months later me too \\:D/

Hi mah0113!
I have yet time to start TTC again (after an mmc and a d&c on March 9th), but as I suspect I have a similar problem to you, I will be watching your progress.
I fell pregnant the first month of TTC, but our baby stopped developing at 6 weeks :cry: I have somewhat short cycles (around 24 days) which makes me think I couldn't maybe produce enough progesterone. So I'll track my cycles for a couple of months (temps, cm, ovulation microscope and opks) and then start TTC again.
Hopefully, you'll have a sticky bean soon. And a couple months later me too \\:D/

Hun, so sorry for your loss :hugs: I know this must be such a difficult time--just take the time to heal emotionally, dont feel like you need to be "back to normal" quickly.

And your cycle sounds super short--I have read that such a short cycle signifies a luteal phase defect. Have you spoken to your doctor about this?

Well, I have told him before we even started TTC -during my preconception check- but he didn't seem much concerned. I am almost 36 and it seems cycles get a little shorter with time.
I didn't know anything about tracking cycles back then. I just calculated my probable fertile days from an online calculator (entering LMP date and average cycle length) and we bd'ed on those days. Imagine our surprise (and joy of course) when we had our BFP that month!
Only when we lost the baby, I started reading about tracking cycles, luteal phase, progesterone and all that.
Now I wish I just did tracking prior to TTC. Maybe then I'd know about my problem and start using progesterone earlier and could save my little bean :cry:

I know, I feel the same way. The thing is, nobdoy would gie us progesterone based on our own hunch--they need to see their mc unfortunately. I am just grateful my dr didnt make me wait for three mc before giving it to me, like some drs do!

Well, it seems our problem was not due to a phase problem -at least not primarily. My OB called today to inform me that I had a partial molar pregnancy according to pathalogy. So there was literally nothing anybody could do to save my little bean :cry:
Now my HCG levels need to be checked for at least 3 months to make sure that they reach <5 and stay that way. Only then we can start TTC again. I am OK with that, since I was already going to track my cycles for a couple of months.
But I am worried it can get worse! There is even a small possibility that it can lead to cancer ](*,)
I'm sorry, I feel like I'm venting all my fury on your thread. I just thought I might have a progesterone problem like you, and wanted to check your progress. Now it seems we have quite different problems!
So, hope you can find yourself a buddy asap! I'll check your thread to congratulate you when you get your BFP.
Wish you a happy TTC journey and a sticky bean soon :hugs:

awwwww :hugs: hopefully the next few months pass quickly and you can jump rt back into ttc

sorry for the silly questions, but whats a molar pregnancy

Not silly at all! I wouldn't know myself if it didn't happen to me. It is such a rare occasion, as 1 in 1000!
There are two types: complete and partial (mine is the second, slightly better type). In a complete mp, there is actually no fetus growing, but small cysts called moles. In a partial mp, a fetus may also start to develop but with a similar deformity as cmp. Unfortunately it can not survive no matter what! The pregnancy has to be terminated (but I guess it mostly ends in a mc or a missed mc anyway). And the woman's HCG levels should be checked for at least 3 months until they reach <5 (could lead up to a year). Only then, she's cleared to TTC again.
This is all I could gather in two days. There is a support group on this website which is full of success stories. I hope I'll be one of them in the near future!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->