CD2 blood results, anyone help me out with some ideas on what's going on???

starbaby

Reaction score
Ok, I'm posting on here even though i'm officially bouncing between the WTT and TTC forums :wacko: but just had my CD2 and CD21 results, from 4 months ago i might add, (NHS! :growlmad:) and they read as follows:

Estradiol-128 (range should be between 25-75 apparently)

Prolactin- 157 (should be less than 24)

FSH- 5.3 (should be less than 10, so great, but is this a lie because of the E2 being high???)

LH 5.4 (Good, should be 6-30)

CD21 Progesterone- 23.8 (ideally should be over 30, but now having CD21 and CD28 levels checked as i'm having longer cycles, 30-40 days)

Brief abridged history, eventually concieved through clomid 100mg in 2006, after failing to conceive naturally for 5 years and having very prolonged bleeding due to anovulation. I had been diagnosed with PCOS but new con, says these results dont look like PCOS and she's querying this, FINALLY i'm getting a scan of my ovaries!!! Latest appointment also been told my hysterosalpingogram has flagged up that my right fallopian tube is caput, though she also said sometimes the tube just spasms and doesn't take up the dye.....after i sounded surprised and said my last one 4 years ago was fine. hmmmmm, dunno what to think there!
Been told i'm not going to get clomid again on NHS as i already have a child. Been advised to go private for this and other than that BD like bunnies on heat (well i'm still bouncing between the WTT and TTC due to ridiculously complicated situation and frustratingly cant atm!)

Ok so any ideas what's going on? Not asking for the earth, i'm happy to take any titbits or clues that i can do a bit of sniffing round on the internet for, just wanted to try and pick peoples brains as i'm currently on the joyous pages of "diminished ovarian reserve", "active cysts" and "relations to breast and endometrial cancer" :shrug: Need some new reading material!

Did you have a higher FSH result before? I had a day 3 FSH of 16 and then one month it went down to 5 and I thought that was a good thing. Turns out that yeah my estradiol was high and suppressing the FSH so it wasn't an accurate indicator.
So it is possible the FSH number is low if the E2 is high.

These are the first bloods i've had for fertility since 2006 so i really can't remember my old results.
It would seem that the high E2 from what i've read can mask an apparently good FSH result, yes. So i'm assuming this is probably the case for me. My biggest issue regarding the high E2 is the possibility of it showing a diminished ovarian reserve, which i suppose is likely, age etc. I've no idea what to ask for test wise regarding clarifying this though.
I'm having a scan to check my ovaries re the PCOS but i don't think this will give me any clues on the egg reserve situation. Still, will be useful to know for sure if it's PCOS as it always seemed a bit of guesswork with my original diagnosis and i would have preferred some hard evidence at the time!
I think with the news today of the possibly knackered fallopian tube i'm feeling a bit glum about my chances. I had been on provera for a long while (over a year) due to bleeding issues, came off that and had 3 good 30 day cycles, and a 40 day cycle, during which i'd started LH testing and was encouraged that i probably was ovulating since i had a surge (well, 2 actually, i guess that makes the PCOS thing more likely!) This month i've done the same, plus temping and saliva testing, and it seems i may have ovulated around CD 23/24. This is why today i suggested to the con that i have a later progesterone test which she agreed to, day 21 AND day 28.
So i've been quite excited that i might actually be ovulating on my own, and today feel deflated with all this other stuff.
Anyway, all that aside, I'm just trying to get a handle on what's happening with all this so that i've a head start (pffft...head start at 39?oh dear!) when we are properly TTC.
Actually i should be in 3 forums, WTT, NTNP and TTC.....it's all such a jumble!

I had bloods taken last month, a lot of my results were similar to yours, your progesterone is slightly higher, and your lh is better than mine, fsh is the same. I didn't get estrogen done but I know prolactin is sky high (bfing).

I got pregnant with these results hun so there is always hope:hugs:

It is possible you are nearing limited ovarian supply, by a higher estrogen, but your other results suggest you are ovulating fine:flower:

Your prolactin is very high, not that I need to remind you. I'm guessing you aren't breast feeding. Are you lactating? I've been told that if prolactin is high, it could be something to do with your pituitary gland. Will you be able to consult with anyone about your test results?

That's encouraging mummy3, thanks. I think i probably am ovulating at least some of the time, since i do have some positive OPK's, and this month detected ferning and temp rise on my chart, so i'm not entirely without hope! The diminishing egg supply thing is worrying though. boooo!

heart tree, no, not lactating, i'll look into the pituitary thing, thanks.

To be honest the gynaes i see on NHS are not terribly helpful a lot of the time, it's all so rushed, you wait 4 months between appointments and when you do get in after 2 hours waiting room bliss, they tend to not read your notes properly, fob you off, make contradictory statements and simply don't inspire much confidence. I showed the woman i saw my ISIS scope ferning on Tuesday and even though it was DEFINITE ferning as illustrated in the pictures i've seen online, she didn't even know what the thing was, said she was unfamilliar with it and when eventually she put it to her eye, without trying to focus it said, oh it doesn't look like ferning to me dear! WHAT? ARE YOU BLIND??? She wasn't intersested in my BBT chart and i left with two pieces of advice, at 39 years of age, with probable PCOS and a dodgy tube, go to a private clinic for clomid cos you won't get it here, and just have lots of relaxed sex. DURRRR!
Sorry, rant over! I actually find this website a lot more useful than my gynae clinic.

Anyway, cheers for the input, much appreciated. x

God that's frustrating! I find that doctors on this side of the pond aren't interested in my BBT chart either. I've been telling them for ages that I know exactly when I ovulate and that I ovulate late. They don't believe me and do tests on days that are irrelevant to my cycle. I don't get why they don't listen to us more! Seriously, we all need to become doctors with all of the knowledge we have. We all could set up a clinic!

Well, good luck. I hope you get some answers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->