cd40? No - cd1. I'm out :(

yah, I use follow the general rule (afternoon/evening urine)
i don't know why this one is so special.
I read the reviews of this OPK on amazon.com and buzzillions.com, majority of them say they get result when they test in the evening.

I checked the instructions and it doesn't say anything at all about when you test, as long as its the same time every day and you haven't had any fluids for 4 hours beforehand. It's just that I much prefer to do this at home, and first thing in the morning is often easiest for me, as I work full time. So confused :wacko:

Its cd12 today, and no smiley face, but I have had a few cramps this morning so I wonder whether this is the start... We're going to BD tonight, tomorrow and Friday anyway, just to be sure :winkwink:

Katie

I use my Clearblue OPK with my FMU. I got my smiley face at a good time. I just didn't catch my egg. :(
The instructions say that it doesn't matter when you test, as long as you've not downed a lot of fluids or urinated in 4 hours. So, FMU is perfect. Your body waking up doesn't matter -- what matters is chemistry. LH is a chemical released by your body when the egg folicle is about to open up. This chemical ends up in your bloodstream, passes through your kidneys, and then to your bladder. This is why if you've drank a lot of fluids then POAS, your urine could be diluted and the LH may not be detected. The same is with HPT's. In my opinion, FMU is the best time to use any kind of test where you POAS, because of the reasons above. I'm not sure where the "test in the afternoon" philosophy came from -- I'd have to see it to understand the science. But, being a chemist, I don't see how FMU would be a bad time to use your OPK. Stop stressing so much and enjoy this!! :)

And if you want, since the LH surge is so short-lived, test twice a day, as long as you adhere to the instructions and can go with urinating or drinking much for 4 hours straight (I have a problem with this lol... )

Have fun babymaking!!

Thanks Sideways! I was really starting to worry that I was doing it all wrong.

OH isn't putting any pressure on me at all (the opposite if anything!), but I feel like if I don't get a :bfp: because I've not managed to follow some simple instructions, it'll all be my fault :dohh:

I'm very new to this and there are a lot of things I didn't know - huge learning curve!

xx

Okay then, I guess tomorrow I'll try FMU :thumbup:

Yah I read everywhere online, also the instructions on other OPK brands, say it's better to test between 2 pm to 10 pm. :shrug:
ClearBlue Fertility monitor is an exception, this machine requires FMU.

Currently, my best time to take the test is around 5:30 pm - 6 pm, after I come home from work. My line from yesterday's test is stronger than 2 days ago! :happydance:

I did what you said Bunnylicious and had a look at the lines - there was a faint line yesterday and the day before but I could hardly see anything this morning:nope:

I'm just so impatient - I need instant results!

Try taking it in the evening and don't pee/drink for 4 hours?
Beside my regular 6 pm test, yesterday I tried taking the test 2.5 hrs after breakfast and 3 hours after dinner, there's no line at all!

Yeah i know how u feel, I want instant result too. :(
This 4 hours of no drinking and peeing is torture

I'm sure that sometimes I go for 4 hours or more without drinking or peeing, but I'm also sure that I wouldn't be able to do it consciously. I would be constantly thinking about it!! Thats why FMU works for me I guess.

If I don't get a smiley face at all this cycle I may have a rethink, but for now I'm gonna stick to FMU. And lots of BDing :winkwink:

im on cd8 dunno when i'll ovulate, but all I know is I am STARVING today! So it might be a sign :)

I am wondering about this 2pm to 10pm rule. Now I'm super curious!! Maybe different tests require different methods. Who knows? ::::going to look stuff up on the net:::: :)

I looked online and found several sites that mention the use of OPK's between 10am and 8pm or various times.. but they all seem to stress to not use FMU. I can't find any scientific reasoning behind it... I can't help but look for this stuff but I do have a degree in chemistry so naturally I look for that stuff :) :)
But..I guess this doesn't make sense to me... I used FMU and actually got a positive one day. Who knows??????

there is no harm in using FMU, it just may not detect the surge and you may really have it! most peoples LH surge during O is strongest in the afternoon.. so the reason they say not to test with FMU is because you may not get a pos and still be O'ing... but if you do it twice a day, around O time, FMU is completely fine, just do it again later in the afternoon! =)

For this cycle I'm going to keep testing in the morning, and then if no :bfp: I'm gonna follow the SMEP which says test in the afternoon anyway.

Anyway, its cd13 and still no smiley face :nope:. I have been getting some stomach cramps though so I thought it was maybe time. We BD'd Tuesday morning and last night though, so even if no smiley face we'll hopefully catch the egg!

That's right, Katie! Today is CD 17 for me and still no smiley although my cycles are a bit long. But, we've been BD'ing every 2 nights anyway. So, like you hopefully we'll catch the egg!! Good luck to you!!! and :dust:

How long are your cycles Sideways? I think I'm going to base my calculations on a 37 day cycle, instead of 28, which would mean I'm way off my smiley face...:dohh:

I have no idea, lol. I'm coming off the pill since June. First cycle following withdrawal period was 45 days, next was 55, then 39. Because of the irregularity I bought a couple of these 20-pack OPK's (got a super good deal on amazon.com) so that I'll have plenty to test with. I think I just started using them on CD8 or 9.

We're in a very similar situation - although this is only my 2nd month off the pill. My first natural cycle was 37 days, and I guess they'll take a while to settle down, although I thought that was a good place to start! I got a 20 pack of the Clear Blue OPKs too, and started testing on cd8.

I've learned my lesson though - next time I will definitely be buying from Amazon and NOT Boots!

Yeah tell me about it! I bought my first one at Walgreens pharmacy over here, at $50... then I went searching on ebay and most of them were bidding around $30 or so. So I look on amazon.com and found it for $27. AND -- free 2-day shipping!! Don't know if it's always that cheap but I was really surprised. :)

Clearblue has a number you can call and talk to them about the OPK's.. I thought about calling and seeing what they thought of this FMU vs. mid-afternoon testing. I'll let you know what I find out!

Good idea! Can't wait to hear what they've got to say.

I'm sure something has been happening yesterday and today (stomach cramps etc) but no smiley face.:nope: I did have a look at the line and there was a faint one this morning.....I might see if I can go without drinking or peeing for 4 hours before I get home tonight and do another test....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->