CD90...so upset

Lily7

Mum & TTC#2
Reaction score
Help! I am CD 90 today so I haven't even had a chance at ttc last three and a bit months..I am so upset, has anyone ever been in this position, any advice?

P.S. the doctor doesn't give a s**t :cry::cry:

Didn't want to just read and run, really sorry to hear this hun.

I would go to a different doctor, you have the right to get the treatment you need.

Thanks Bear, I know! They actually don't listen and just point blank refuse! I had to go and pay privately to find out I have PCOS, I am so angry at my GP, waste of taxpayers money! sorry...rant over

Lily, I'm so sorry! I had a cycle that was about 86 days between January and April. Honestly, I stopped counting. It was devastating. I went to my doctor as well... same thing, she wasn't concerned at all and just wanted me to wait it out. I was really stressed in February, so she said I probably skipped a cycle and things should get back to normal. Well, I have been irregular since going off Nuvaring in October 2010, so I thought whatever. I did eventually get AF and my next cycle was 36 days, which is short for me.

All the medical advice says it is not abnormal for women to miss a cycle sometimes. It is so frustrating when you are the woman that it is happening to though. Especially when TTC!

Have you every had this happen before? Do you have irregular or long cycles? Have you had any major stressors, done anything different physically or nutritionally?

I really hope AF comes soon for you so you can move on to a new cycle. Best of luck!
:hug:

Hi beestrong, thanks for your words, no nothing like this before, I was on the pill for a long time and came off it last Sep, my cycles were a bit up and down then, 40, 39, 33 which I thought were irregular but expected with coming off the pill.....they now seem normal beside this! I haven't done anything else differently and the only stress is that that comes with this situation!

After you wait and your 36 day cycle did yours even out again?

I'm on CD75... yes it's frustrating! Ordered some soy isoflavones so whenever AF decides to show I will be able to take that next cycle and hopefully ovulate sooner... I haven't gone to the doctor yet about mine (well since I started ttc... I've always had irregular cycles and have been just for that... but they never helped). Will go after we've been trying a year.

I am so upset I could cry my eyes out sitting here in work.

I would suggest a new doctor as well. I'm not sure how health insurance works in the UK, but I know with my insurance I can report to them that a doctor is uncaring and unhelpful so that other members of my insurance won't have to go through the same thing.

Have you tried any natural remedies to bring on AF? I know there are a bunch listed throughout the forum here but have never needed any myself. Good luck to you.

I have a friend who had very irregular cycles with PCOS and she went on to have a very healthy pregnancy with twins - conceived naturally!

Don't give up. Can you change your doctor?

xx

The docs can give you something called norethisterone is it used to prevent bleeding but once you stop taking it (after 5-7 days) you will definately get a period.

Thanks everyone, going to see another doctor and ask for Norethisterone.

Thank you bumblebee - that really fills me with confidence x

Good luck! Hoping for a BFP in the near future for you!

Thank you! I hope you get yours too x

Before I got my PCOS diagnosis I had a super long cycle like that. I was one CD50 or so when I got the news(I have a fantastic doctor who took my concerns very seriously). She started me on metformin for the PCOS and TTC and about 10 days later it made my period start. I agree with the others...you need a new doctor who listens and is supportive. Good luck!!!!

didn't want to read and run, but don't really know what to say besides that you should change doctors.. They are so not helpful sometimes!
Either way, Good luck!

Lily - I am on in the cycle after my 36 day cycle now. From what I can tell this will most likely be about a 43 day cycle. So, not completely normal, but normal for me.

I really hope you get everything figured out soon! I know how you feel!

I have read many stories of irregular cycles after going off BC, even after they have been regular for a few cycles.

If you don't get AF soon, I would definitely try to talk to another doctor. I'll keep you in my thoughts!

Awwe. Sorry to hear. My last cycle was 159 days. :( When I went to see my Family Dr I was at about CD 90 and she referred me to a Gyno right away.

I can't believe that your GP wouldn't do anything about it. That is just plain awful! I would see if there is anyway to report them... and definitely be requesting a new Dr!! Fx'd Hun~!

Thankd girls! Its good to speak to people who are or have been in the same boat! good luck to all of you xx

Lily - I know its hard but try to stay positive :)

I have been in the same boat, I got my AF this morning after 97days!! This is my first still stopping the pill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->