Central Queensland

Sorry if I missed your town; just to help out the ladies :)

My parents almost got a job in Blackwater about 6 years ago, so we went and visited there.

I'm in Mt Isa

Well hey there neighbour :hi: your the first other Isa person ive seen here!

Nice to meet you Twinny (if you don't mind me calling you that if not let me know what's better) Did you have your kids in the Isa? Mum had me here and I'm pretty sure I turned out fine.

You can call me that if you want, if not my name is Hayley. My twins were born in Townsville, but only becasue the RFDS flew us there, we still lived here, and my 5 month old was born in Mt Isa.

Congratulations by the way :flower:

Thank you Hayley:)

seems to be a growing trend for mum's to opt to go elsewhere to have bubs. Your the first person I've spoken to who has recently had a baby in Mt Isa

I didn't opt to go there unfortunately, I was flown there after complications to deliver, due to prematurity. I had a really pleasant experience delivering at MIBH though, but was a c-section. Are you planning on here or maybe travelling to deliver?

I went and saw the doctor today to confirm my pregnancy and to book a scan to know how far a long I am. I may be considered a high risk pregnancy so depending on how everything goes I may not have a choice where. But I have not heard anything about the service, other then it's excellent. The waiting for non-urgent appointments can be boring and long but the staff are wonderful

Your right, the staff are run off their feet. I've had good experiences with them :) Let us know how your scan goes :thumbup:

ugh, had early labor, so now it's 2-3wks of worrying! OH starts shutdown at the powerstation on monday so that's good, money to pay off bills!

Has the impending carbon tax had an effect on any of you yet?

Other then annoying my parents, no not yet. My OH is an electrician so he's worried about the carbon tax taking his job. I hope we all get through this ok.

Ow, that doesn't sound like fun. You going ok Leopard?

Yeah on and off contractions for the last couple of days; keeping an eye on my pads now to check for 'bloody show' or water leakage.

As for carbon tax, without any increase in usage, our electricity went from 300 last quarter to 600 this quarter. Not impressed.

Yeah on and off contractions for the last couple of days; keeping an eye on my pads now to check for 'bloody show' or water leakage.

As for carbon tax, without any increase in usage, our electricity went from 300 last quarter to 600 this quarter. Not impressed.

That is just extortion <-- can't spell.

Far out, how can they do that. My power bill is high because I have to leave the split system on for my kitties, so I expect it to be high but that is unreal :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->