Centre Parcs

LoraLoo

Pregnant with a Rainbow
Reaction score
Anyone been? Is it worth the money? Just been looking and it seems quite expensive but if its good value for money then fair enough, and is it good for all ages? And anything else you could add would be much appreciated :flower: xx

its good if you have slightly older kids IMO. its very much an outdoorsy holiday (loads of biking, walking, swimming etc). I wouldn't go with a baby Williams age or when pregnant i dont think. I'd rather save the excess money and just go for a caravan or cottage somewhere else.

Thanks, it really can be difficult having older ones and younger ones, just been to a caravan couple of weekends so will look into the price of a week, no doubt will be ALOT cheaper xx

We adore CP. We went when Em was 11 months, then 2 and again last month at 3! Been to Whinfell and Sherwood and both similar but quite different. There are lots of thing to do that are not expensive and lots which are. Loved the pool at Sherwood. Great parks. Super beach at Sherwood.

Which one would you be thinking of going to?

I've been to Whinfell a couple of times. Looking to again in September.

First time we went, there were loads of peoplr with children ageing from 1 to 7. Theres lots of things to do & they don't have to expensive either.

We took Joshua when he was 18months old & booked him into loads of activites, softplay, treasure hunt. They only cost about £3-4.

If you can go out of school holidays, its quite reasonable. We're looking to go beginning of Sept & it's going to cost around £600 but the lodge has a sauna & lots of extras. For around £300 you can get a basic lodge (which are still really nice).

Eating out isn't too expensive, more expensive than your average pub meal but it wasn't too extortionate.

You get to use the pool for free as often as you like. Lovely walks around the grounds. At Whinfell, you're not too far away from Penrith so you can spend the day around the shops (last time I went to Penrith, I was 7months pregnant & needed to pee ALOT so I can recommend the cafes & public toilets there :rofl:)

I'm due to go with my Mom early next year.
Will it be easy with a 1 and a half year old and a 7 month old?

i love centre parcs it is very expensive though but i think its worth it especially with older kids x

I'm due to go with my Mom early next year.
Will it be easy with a 1 and a half year old and a 7 month old?

As easy as it is at home :)

We hired bikes with a trailor on it for Joshua when he was 18months old which was fab. Not sure if it would be suitable for the 7month old though.

The lodges have stairgates top & bottom (in the two storey lodges) which I thought was really good.

Take loads of nuts & bird food with you & put it on the patio area. Theres loads of wildlife that will come.

We adore CP. We went when Em was 11 months, then 2 and again last month at 3! Been to Whinfell and Sherwood and both similar but quite different. There are lots of thing to do that are not expensive and lots which are. Loved the pool at Sherwood. Great parks. Super beach at Sherwood.

Which one would you be thinking of going to?

Whinfell as I live in Cumbria so is the most local to me :flower:

I love love love Centre Parcs. I've been to Whinfell a couple of times per year for about the past 6 years :blush: This year we're going to Sherwood for a change (that was where we went for honeymoon and we're going back on our anniversary :)).

We first took Roo when she was about um... 8 months old. I found it fine, there was loads to do. There are kids-club type things, and then lots of little activities. We did the swimming one with Roo and it was a laugh. Even off-site, there are loads of things to do nearby :)

What makes Centre Parcs expensive is doing stuff like eating out - the food and drink is really pricey. I think the Parc Market has gotten a bit better, but it's still more expensive than most supermarkets so you are better doing a shopping before you go and just bringing it into the lodge.

A word of advice - if any of your kids are likely to want Face Painted, then go there on day 1 and book it. The stand is pretty much in front of you as you walk into the Village Centre at the top end (next to the Kids Club bit). I don't *think* it's something you can pre-book, but the slots do fill up really fast once the week starts.

Centre Parcs is amazing but IMO massively overpriced. Try and go mid week or get a cancellation and it makes it much more reasonable.

We love centreparcs, we go to the sherwood one. Can't fault it, it's brilliant for kids and there's loads to do :) can't wait to go again this year. We went in November a couple of years ago it was gorgeous, the woods were all lit up, there were real reindeer and a choir singing Christmas carols :) x

We love centreparcs, we go to the sherwood one. Can't fault it, it's brilliant for kids and there's loads to do :) can't wait to go again this year. We went in November a couple of years ago it was gorgeous, the woods were all lit up, there were real reindeer and a choir singing Christmas carols :) x

I just got goosebumps thinking of that- i was looking at Sept but going to be difficult as kids start back at school and my eldest moves up to secondary school, so i might look for Nov and go away for Eves birthday :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->