Cerazette/desogestrel

BabyAitchison

Reaction score
Hi, is anyone else on this? I have been on it for a year and had slightly regular periods but they started lasting upwards of 3 weeks so the doc told me to double my dose which I did about 4 months ago, and went back to one a night on docs orders on the 7th but I since haven't had a period at all? It's now almost 14 weeks since my last one, I did a hpt last wed which was bfn so assuming I'm not pg so should I just be thankful? Or worried as a lot of people seem to have fallen pg on it. Tia x

I took cerazette for 5 years and could go for months without any bleed at all. When I did bleed, it would be very light but could last for more than 3 weeks. It sounds to me like what you're experiencing is cerazette at its best but if you're worried go back and see your doctor. The reason I stopped taking it was my very irregular light bleeds became one very long (constant) heavy bleed and I was having terrible mood swings - Incredible Hulk style! X

You don't always get a period on cerazette. I have been on it for 6 years and had about 2 periods in this whole time. I wouldn't worry about it.

I don't get periods on cerazette just the odd irregular light bleed. I came off my pill there to see how long it would take for period to return and it took 3 weeks so I know when I ttc it wont take long for periods to return. it is different for everyone tho

i was on cerazette before we ttc Isaac and was on it three years. In that time i had just very infrequent light bleeding maybe like once a year that lasted about 10 days or so. When i came off the pill it took AF about 2 months to return and then i fell into a regular (but long cycle- typically 40 days between one AF and another), but that could have just been me. It took us a year to conceive our son.
I am now back on cerazette as it does not effect my moods i have been on it 6 months now and am currently experiencing my first light bleed on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->