cerazette...has ANYONE ELSE experienced this?!

trying-no1-ni

Reaction score
hi ladies,

ill keep this short and sweet because, well, it seems simple enough :dohh: but seriously, gp put me on cerazette after it was decided the normal pill was dangerous for me, but i took it for about 6 months (now off it since january as ttc!!) and throughout the entire 6 months of taking it all i did was bleed...

Has anyone else experienced this?
Most people i have spoken to seem to have NO bleeding whatsoever, and I seem to have gotten the opposite?!

knowing if anyone has had the same effects as me whilst on cerazette will really put my mind at rest because now i am off it, 20yrs old and healthy, im really hoping this pill hasnt seriously affected me in a bad way in terms of ttc!!

any response will be well appreciated, thanks!!:thumbup:

wish i could be of help..but it was the other way round for me when i was on it. didnt bleed for a whole year & lost weight!

Yes, i started taking this, after i had a MC last year, i bleed everyweek, put on 7lbs in a month, and became depressed! would not recommend it at all, i was on it for nearly 3 months, i was worried it would mess up my cycle, but i got pregnant within weeks of coming off it x

I had a similar experience, I was put on cezzrette as I was breastfeeding last april, all I did was bleed every 2 weeks for about 7 days, heavily. I suffered really bad headaches on it too. I stopped taking it about late november as I couldnt take the bleeding all the time and now my periods are back to normal and headaches gone, so I know it was the pill causing it.

I have only just started it recently so cant really say but i think everyone is different and has different effects to things. I have to admit i hope i dont bleed constantly though. Glad your feeling better now your off it though

thanks for the replies ladies, i wouldn't wish my experience with cerazette on anyone but to be honest it is such a relief to know i wasnt the only one! :dust: to all trying and again thanks xo

By any chance did you ask your DR about it? I would be interested on what the reasoning for it was.
I know i was told i wouldnt be able to go onto the other pill because i suffer from headaches and thats a side effect of the other pill.
Maybe it was just a bad side effect for you ?

Cerazette is the only pill that I've taken without adverse side effects and the no period thing has been bliss so I've got nothing but praise for it :thumbup: (I may change my mind when we TTC..... we'll see)

I had constant bleeding on the Depo injection so know how you feel, my GP convinced me to have a second injection to let it settle - big mistsake, I ended up having a year of hell :dohh: so if it's really not working for you go back to your GP and discuss other options, something out there will work for you :hugs:

I've been on it twice for about a month each time and had to stop because I constantly bled.

OMG, I was just about to start a new thread about my experience with Cerazette and spotted yours.

It was horrendous for me. The DR prescribed it for me after I had Hannah - I put on about 2 stone in weight and bled constantly. I completely lost my sex drive and started growing hair in places that women really shouldn't have hair :(

Finally had enough of it and saw my doctor last week. She has put me back on Microgynon (what I was on before I had Hannah) and I feel FANTASTIC :D :D :D

I have lost almost half a stone in the first week and the bleeding has stopped (Hurrah) I also feel generally happier in myself too.

I guess the Cerazette works for some people and not others - but for those of you like me who don't get on well with it, it really is awful and to be honest even though I have had my lovely baby here I have been so depressed because of the weight gain, constant bleeding etc. Poor hubby was lucky if he saw any bedroom action any more than once a month.

Cerazette is the only pill that I've taken without adverse side effects and the no period thing has been bliss so I've got nothing but praise for it :thumbup: (I may change my mind when we TTC..... we'll see)

I had constant bleeding on the Depo injection so know how you feel, my GP convinced me to have a second injection to let it settle - big mistsake, I ended up having a year of hell :dohh: so if it's really not working for you go back to your GP and discuss other options, something out there will work for you :hugs:

Me too. I was on Cerazette before I had Ben and I went straight back on it after I had him. I love this pill, I have no periods and no side effects. When I first started taking it I did bleed a bit on and off for a couple of weeks but was fine after that.

It's so odd how different women can have totally opposite reactions to the same hormone!!

This pill was costing me a fortune in sanitary products! I bled so heavily for up to 3 weeks at a time some months I had to use the super absorbant towels and change them every hour (sorry if tmi)

I'm a bit gutted that the cerazette didn't work for me, as I wanted the implanon implant done but its exactly the same hormone as cerazette and the GP said if I react to that then there's no way I can have impanon :(

i was on it after having my lo and i was bleeding none stop really moody really sad was thinking about ending my life i got that low i will never take it agane my doc seid o you will be fine within 3 months of taking it but i just seid i would kill my self befor 3 months with the way i was feeling. i changed to microgiagon (sp) and that made me bleed so i am now on celest and its been brill

wow tmr im sorry you had such a bad time with it. Least your off it now and feeling better.

I agree though, its wierd how every one can have a different reaction to the same thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->