Cerazette worries

Angelsmiles91

Reaction score
Hiii everyone :)
I've been on here only once before when I had a pregnancy scare a few months ago... but all the tests came back negative. After that I was put onto Cerazette (the progesterone only pill) as it didn't have the depression/moodswing issues which I've had with a combined pills. I've only been on it for about 2months but I was looking around online for some info on it and I found several threads, one on here!, which said that it can make it incredibly hard to conceive after coming off of it. This has me really worried as I have no desire to become pregnant now as I'm only 17, on my way to do A Levels this Sept and I've only been with my boyfriend for 7months. But having children is my one huge aim in life and I would be devastated to come off the pill in a few years time to TTC and find that I couldn't. I really just want to know of anyone elses experiences with Cerazette and TTC after taking it? I need to know if maybe I should come off of it and maybe try a barrier method of contraception for awhile?

sending lots of baby dust and hugs to you :) good luck everyone xx

I came off cerazette after a year in april and im sort of ttc now, we shall see how it goes. Im already back to normal cycles so i think its different for everyone and depends on how long your on them i think

I'm just wondering if maybe I should come off it and use a barrier method until I find out from a Professional what the real risks are??

If it was me, i would do that. I wish i had come off it earlier than i did so it could get out of my system before i wanted to try. I would speak to a doctor too and say what your planning to do etc.

I think coming off it now is probably a good idea, let your body readjust and just use barrier methods until you're ready.

I have to say, I had real problems with Cerazette. It made me depressed and also it made it really hard for me to orgasm - bad times! The whole cerazette experience was an awful one so I was glad to get off it. But despite my bad experience, I would say if you know you're gonna start TTC fairly soon, it's best to try and get your body back to normal asap xx

There is so much about cerazette that the docs just dont tell you. Its labelled as a wonder drug but its really not

I know, the Dr was going on about how wonderful it is and how it has hardly any side effects. because i used to have real problems with weight gain, depression, moodswings and "libido" when i was on Yasmin and Ovranette (two combined pills i've been on). So the Dr said that Cerazette would be perfect for me. Now I'm not so sure!! Doc's should HAVE to tell you everything about medication, not just the good parts. they're like terrible salesmen!!

I tried yasmin too, that was evil for boob pains and no sex drive. Cilest just made me bleed constantly. Microginon was just rubbish totally. Marvalon was ok but i eventually started to get ill from it after 3 years. So the docs push cerazette saying it was nothing like any of those and it was just the same.

I tried yasmin too, that was evil for boob pains and no sex drive. Cilest just made me bleed constantly. Microginon was just rubbish totally. Marvalon was ok but i eventually started to get ill from it after 3 years. So the docs push cerazette saying it was nothing like any of those and it was just the same.

Urgh tell me about it. when I was yasmin my boobs were definitely a no-go area which was a bit of a downer on the sexlife really :( lol. Wow, you've been on more pills than I have. i always feel so silly going back to the Dr saying "this doesn't work"... "this didn't work either"... "this is giving me these problems". It seems whatever I try it just has so many downsides to it. Maybe I'll just become a nun and be done with it! lol.

xx

Urgh tell me about it. when I was yasmin my boobs were definitely a no-go area which was a bit of a downer on the sexlife really :( lol. Wow, you've been on more pills than I have. i always feel so silly going back to the Dr saying "this doesn't work"... "this didn't work either"... "this is giving me these problems". It seems whatever I try it just has so many downsides to it. Maybe I'll just become a nun and be done with it! lol.

xx

It was anoying when they just didn't work. I became a regular at the doctors lol. They always gave me the same excuses too, "oh you didn't leave it long enough to work properly" or "no contraception is going to be perfect". I've given up now, hopefully after i've had a baby something new will be out or im stumped :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->