Cerebral palsy

Fleety

TTC no.1 - Cycle #4
Reaction score
Hey guys
Ive just found out my 7month old nephew has Cerebral palsy :cry:
Caused by hospital neglegence during the birth
Has anyone else ever cared for a child with this? I want to help him as much as i can. Are there any toys/equiptment that may help him that we could get him for christmas maybe? please any help or advice would be greatly appriciated

:hug:

I have a number of clients who manage this condition fantastically well... His parents local Social Services should be able to advise on any equipment that will help. He will be able to go on to live a really fulfilling life, especially with supportive people like yourself surrounding him. OT's should be able to give you some advice on therapeutic gifts for him, your local Social Services should point you in the right direction. Hope this helps and sorry I can't offer any more advice. Xxx

It really depends on how bad he has it...

He is 7 months old but his movement is stilll like a new born. He doesnt have control of his head and his movement of his legs and arms is very limited. However his mind is on par with his age. So all the toys for his age he physically cant play with cos he cant move enough to reach them or push something. And all the toys he can physically do are too young for him so they dont interest him. He gets very frustrated as he knows what he needs to do but cant do it. He doesnt grasp very well either with his hands so cant pick things up, If you place something in his hand and rap is fingers around it he will hold it tho.

I need something that is going to stimulate his mind that he is able to use.

I've emailed the local social services in hope they can advise me where to go. It's so hard trying to find something

My brother had Cerebral palsy as well as a whole lot of other problems. What I found was the best for him is a blanket with lots of texture and sounds on it. Adding soft materials as well as tin foil like material makes them very happy. Plus babies love them as well.

I'm sorry that you and your family are going threw this. I promise it's not as bad as people think. These kids show love to everyone and my brother showed me just how I wanted to live my life. Loving everyone and taking in everything like it's your first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->