Cervical ectropion???

Mosnippy

Up the duff with #1 :)
Reaction score
Hello Ladies

I not sure if I posted this in the right section but thought I would try here and ask you lovely ladies for some help and advice!

I just been told randomly by the docter that I have cervical ectropian...very blahsay about it and I should google on internet as to what it is...I didnt panic until I started reading about it and now I am worried!

has anyone else got this? from what i read that if you change your pill normally fixs the problem as its caused by oestrogen...but I am not on the pill as I have history of blood clots

so now I am confused and worried... I have excess mucous and spotting which is what this causes... and you can get refered to a gynae to have it cauterized?? so now I might have to go and get this looked at as I do have alot of mucous discharge....

I only happened to get this info as they put a coil in and i was just having it checked

any help and advice would be great! thanks

Hey. I had one of these that got quite a bit worse after pregnancy. I had a ton of mid cycle bleeding - after sex, going to the loo etc etc. I was about to be referred to get it cauterised and then it healed itself. No more spotting.

However, from speaking to my GP at the time I think its a totally common thing, especially after having a baby so dont worry too much. And getting it cauterised is a pretty straightforward procedure.

Hopefully someone who has had the procedure will come on and comment.

:flower:

aw thank you!

I might make and appointment with the docter to get it checked as I do have loads of mucous discharge which is rather annoying and puts me off having sex a little :( i was paranoid I had an infection lol glad to know the cause of it now

but hopefully it will heal itself like yours did :)

I have had this several times in the past but mine caused heavy bleeding though not all the time. It can be re triggered by any type of hormonal change so going onto or changing hormone based contraceptives, pregnancy or breastfeeding. I was told you can get it treated/cauterised but it may well return anyway. Thankfully I haven't had it recur at all for three or four years xx

I'm going to have to go get it seen :( first time I have had this must be from pregnancy and breastfeeding that did it :(

I can't handle all the discharge sorry tmi lol

Thanks ladies hopefully it won't come back :(

I had one and had it cauterized! :)
While the doc did that, he also fitted a mirena coil, so I could come off the pill (they thought the pill probably caused it).
The whole procedure was uncomfy, but not painful. They fill your cervix with water so they can have a good look around. I had a local anesthetic.
Afterwards, I couldn't exercise for 2 weeks, have a bath/swim for 4 weeks, or have sex for 4 weeks.
Touch wood, I've had no problems whatsoever since.
Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try and help.
xx

Thanks very much , I need to make and appointment to see the docter

It just seems to be one thing after another with me haha

Hoping it would go away o. It's own but it's not looking this way :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly