Cervical Position/Opening????

wlovew

Reaction score
So one of the *joys*:blush: of tracking fertility is tracking your cervical position, texture and opening haha. This is my first month charting/tracking/TTC so I'm a total rookie at this lol I have a bit of a concern about my cervical opening. All the pics I've ever seen make it look like your cervix should open up right into the vaginal canal, but I swear mine is pointing backwards. I always check my cervix in the shower, I put my leg on the side of the tub. I have a REALLY hard time getting up to it. Aside from having rather small hands I think I have a deep vag LOL Sorry, TMI. Anyway, more TMI: When I do touch my cervix the opening is not a straight shot, it's like....around back or something. And it makes it very hard to touch the opening to feel if it's OPEN or not. Blah. So sorry this is so disgusting!! Is this maybe part of the reason I have such a hard time getting pregnant!? Maybe I should try a different position to feel it better?? I have squatted before and it is still very hard to reach. I just got softcups to try for my next cycle and now I'm wondering if I'll even be able to get them in correctly, with my cervical opening dipping INTO the cup! AAAAA!!! I think I need to make an appointment with my OB ASAP! I feel a little silly, but I need to know!:dohh:

Found exactly what I needed right here! For anyone else who wants a good rundown on cervical position and all that, check this out!!

https://community.babycenter.com/po...your_cervix_position_cp_and_cervical_mucus_cm

Thanks for the link, great explanations!

I have only been charting for a month before this cycle so never really sure about positions, mine always seems really high but i do detect the difference between soft and hard.

I had EWCM yesterday so i am thrilled, had none last cycle so hoping this is a big tick in the BFP column, that and i have been using preseed this month (due to rubbish cm last) - so those little fellas should be enjoying it up there LOL

Good luck for this cycle and fingers crossed for us all!

This is my second month charting and actively checking my cervix. Mine points backwards and to the sides all the time. I also have a tilted uterus. Once it is soft though, it seems to be straight!

Good luck, ProjectBean!!!! My temp took another nose-dive this am and I can feel AF messing around in my uterus, being her typical witchy self taking her sweet-ass time!

BoobsMcGee bahahahaha!! Your handle cracks me up!!!!! I, too, have a tilted uterus (retroverted) but I read that it won't affect TTC and should straighten out after a pregnancy. So we're good there. I wasn't checking my cervix very religiously last cycle but this one I damn sure will, to make sure it's where it should be during my fertile window!!!! And hopefully mine will also be positioned correctly!! :)

Thanks doll! :)

It's SOOOO confusing, and I get OBSESSED with checking my cervix in the 2WW no matter how much I read that you can't predict pregnancy with your cervix! At least it makes me feel like I have some sort of active role in the process and the weeks leading to a positive or negative. It keeps my mind doing something other than waiting!

And also, that info thread was AWESOME! So helpful. I had no real idea what EWCM looked like in person until yesterday! Whenever I thought I had it, I didn't. This actually looks like the pictures!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->