Cervix firm and closed before, during and after Ovulation

Tesh23

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Thought I would post this as I couldn't find any info online about it.

I am in my 16th cycle ttc, and for the first time this cycle my cervix never felt soft and open like it usually does around O. It was high firm and pretty much closed before and during my positive opks, and after O.

So not sure what that means. :shrug: Also only got one day of a little ewcm which was the day of my first pos opk.

I know cervix position is not totally reliable, and after 16 months I find I still learn new stuff about ttc! :dohh:

If u look at my chart it will show what I have mentioned above.

Out of curiosity, has anyone had this before and went on to get a bfp? :flower:

Hi Tesh
I just posted on a diff thread some tips that helped me describe it, but I am very guilty of this myself, so I re-read alot of articles to remind myself hehe
When I think of "open" usually it feels like a fingertip can just maybe get a bit of a smidge in, BUT sperm and eggs are like microscope level small, so they don't need much space at all to get thru.
For example, think of a pin hole in a condom...No Bueno lol.
We would barely see it with our eyes, and certainly not feel it with a fingertip, but darn tootin if those :spermy: can't get a good million of their buddies thru that same spot if it's in the right place!
I have def felt my cervix more open some months than others, so you should be fine.
Even when the cervix is truly open, the cervical mucus forms a natural plug to protect from bacteria, and filter out weaker sperm.
So I think you will do just fine :hugs:

Ah JLM thank u!:hugs:

That makes a lot of sense actually. I am paranoid they just aren't gettin in there for some reason! :dohh:

I guess it's the first time I ever felt my cervix so firm and so closed during ovulation. The opening actually felt like the size of a sesame seed if not smaller! And usually it is about the size of a pea.

I love your analogy of a pin prick in the condom, no beuno :haha: true though!

I am going now to read your thread:thumbup: thanks again!

Your chart looks good so far btw when are u due to O?

I had this surprising deep dip again this morning...thought the first dip was O, but hopefully today's was. I met my donor again last night, so hope I am ok, as my opks are light again

As for you, yea I always flip flop on open vs closed cervix, but on FF wth is med??
As if it is easy to tell med open from full open?? lol
I have defd felt times it feels very closed, and even a few times very open, but I always have to remind myself of the old saying that "a million sperm can fir on the head of a pin" and that def brings it back in perspective for me.
Not to mention it only takes One :spermy:
So I feel better when I reel my wild thinking back in...well until the next freak out moment hehe
Hope you are felling god today! :dust:

I had this surprising deep dip again this morning...thought the first dip was O, but hopefully today's was. I met my donor again last night, so hope I am ok, as my opks are light again

As for you, yea I always flip flop on open vs closed cervix, but on FF wth is med??
As if it is easy to tell med open from full open?? lol
I have defd felt times it feels very closed, and even a few times very open, but I always have to remind myself of the old saying that "a million sperm can fir on the head of a pin" and that def brings it back in perspective for me.
Not to mention it only takes One :spermy:
So I feel better when I reel my wild thinking back in...well until the next freak out moment hehe
Hope you are felling god today! :dust:

You know I saw your chart today and I was so sure u ovulated after I saw that temp rise! What a rise! Will u be meeting with your donor again?

And exactly wth is med?!! Lol! :dohh:

You know I think I will always be paranoid that the sperm aren't getting in for some reason! I have even watched videos on youtube of how they get in. But nope... Doesn't help my paranoia! Lol who knows :shrug:

As for my chart I have flat lined for the last 4 days! So I am definitely expectin af this cycle :coffee:

I hope u get a sustained rise soon!!!:flower:

Thx Sweetie!
I usually can only meet my donor once per cycle, since we don't live close,but we met 2 days in a row this time. I don't plan to make that trek again unless my bbt stays down. I think we covered yesterday and today...hopefully heh.
No worries on your temp from my view. I stayed in the same range for a while with DS, and he's almost 5 now!You are still well above cover, and that's what matters.
Here's that chart:
2010BFP.jpg

Hi JLM! Thanks for posting your chart. Wow u did have quite a few flat temps.

I see that on your current chart it was just a random high temp that one day. So glad u got to meet with your donor again tho..so far I would say you're well covered!

So 10dpo bfn today. Also have light beige cm when I wipe so I think af may be here a day or two early.

Fingers crossed for u and really hoping this is your cycle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->