Cervix question

mummy3

Busy!
Reaction score
Hi ladies:flower:

ok im not sure if this is the right section for this, but I do have 3 preemies and this one seems to be heading that way soo..

Can your cervix relengthen after it shortens?

I was in hospital on thursday with tightenings which they stopped with terbutaline, but an internal scan showed my cervix has gone from 5cm to 3.3cm. I did have a uti, which may be causing this, and am on bedrest.

Also im already on weekly progesterone injections. Im only 19+1 now, my other 3 were 33 and 35 weekers, although I had labour stopped from 24 weeks with my 3rd.:flower:

well mine never relenghtened but i have herd of other that have

hey hunny :wave:, i think it can, i know someone here whos did a bit :thumbup:

That is actually not a bad length, After having so many kids, your cervix will start shortening earlier but can stay put for a while. You should not start worrying until its shorter than 2.8 I have had 4 preemies ,34,33,33,and 32 weeks. and a 36 weeker that some say isnt a preemie and some say he was. anyways, As long as you are closed and your not effaced that much, length can a a tricky thing to know which way you are going. I have not ever re-lengthened but i have closed up a little after opening. I started dilating at 28weeks with my last and lasted til 33 weeks i believe i was 3.0 then or shorter. I hope i helped.

Thankyou everyone:flower:

I really hope it regrows and things stay put! With my last when it went from 5cm to 3.5cm they took me off for the c section, I never gave it much thought at the time though:dohh:

Hiya hun
Still here, still ok! :thumbup: i hope it was false! still waiting on a scan!

Hiya hun
Still here, still ok! :thumbup: i hope it was false! still waiting on a scan!

Glad your still here!:happydance: Its scary stuff huh? Im surprised they didnt whisk you away for the scan right away, that said the NHS is a bit slower than here in the states:winkwink: I had my first 2 in the UK so I know lol. When I left, 18m ago, they didnt do the ffn test or give the progesterone..

Anyway off on one there, when is the scan? I really hope everything goes well for you:hugs:

24 weeks, but the buggers havent booked it yet so im chasing it up. ridiculous how they havent moved their arses

:nope: Thats awful they haven't even booked it, keep on at them or you'll be waiting forever (well at least till after the holidays!)

I will hun :hugs: try not to panic about your measurements, for now they seem ok!!! :)

:hugs: Thanks, im thinking positive, hopefully we can be talking about 40+ week babies who dont want to budge in a few months time:dohh:

Well I went to the appointment, the anatomy scan was great, baby measured slightly big and very active:thumbup:

Cervix is at 3cm now, but no sign of impending labour, no bulging membranes etc, so thats great. Because of the symtomatic contractions though they have decided to keep up restrictions (no exercise, keep on the couch lol) until delivery, and also pelvic rest:dohh:

I will still get the weekly progesterone and weekly scans at the office to check everything as well as monthly more detailed scans at the perinatologists, He did say I have a decent chance of getting to 28 weeks, so very happy:happydance:

And baby is definately a little girl :cloud9:

Sounds promising still hunny! :hugs: xxxxx

Those shots suck. never worked for m e, i would see if they would give you a cerclage. my ob did not want to, he kept saying, lets see if it gets shorter first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->