Chance of miscarriage after seeing baby moving on US?

Nikoru0111

Reaction score
I am so scared and paranoid of miscarriage, I orignially had twins but lost one at 7W after seeing a heartbeat at 6w. I am now 11w and I have seen the surviving twin's heartbeat at 6w, 7w, 8w and 10w. At 8w and 10w the baby was moving and I saw the survivor kicking away like a kangaroo at the 10w scan. Each time it has measured on time if not a few days ahead of my known conception date. Heartrate hasn't been measured but doctors were happy with the look of it every time except the first time at 6w where it was a little slow but they said that was normal because it was so small and new.

I do have pregnancy symptoms like breast tenderness and morning sickness with vomiting (has been pretty dreadful and lost 2kg, but hoping it will soon fade)

I don't really know what I'm posting for because I know bad things can happen whatever, I guess I'm just freaking out and want some reassurance. Anyone with any insight?

After seeing the heartbeat the chance of miscarriage drops down to like .5% I think is what I've read. I know you say you lost a twin after seeing a HB, but maybe the odds are different for multiples.

Hi Nik

I had exactly the same worries, I was so stressed I did some googling and found some statistics on the miscarriage association website, I believe if you have a heartbeat at 10 weeks the chance of a successful pregnancy based on their studies is 99.4%, which is exactly the same as for the rest of the pregnancy those odds don't change, they are good odds so we just have to try and keep calm and hope for the best! you have already been through so much but keep strong :hugs:

if baby is moving they're doing what we need them to do! they sound like they're doing great

I know from someone close to me in the family, she lost one of her twin babys at around 11 weeks and the other continued to have a healthy birth and is nearly 4 years old now. She had been told that it can be fairly common in certain types of twin pregnancies to lose one baby and the other survives and is completely healthy. It cannot be easy but do try and not stress and just enjoy being pregnant

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->