chances of having 2 ultra sounds and missed twin? 2 NEW PICTURES!!

babers

Reaction score
This is crazy but I am confused. I have had 2 ultra sounds in the last 3 weeks. At 9 weeks and 12 weeks. Today's ultra sound has me confused. The whole time 4 year old kept say mommy is having 2 babies. We kept say no, just one but he insisted I will have 2. I was looking for the nub to do the nub theory. The first part of the ultra sound I swear the nub is boy. She had me empty my bladder and did the second part. Now the nub totally looks girl and the skull shape is different. My placenta is in the front and I am overweight. Could a twin be hiding? First 2 pictures look like a girl to me and last is the one that looks like a boy to ne. Tell me I am crazy and these are the same baby.

Attachments

• 2015-01-28 11.48.45.jpg
    2015-01-28 11.48.45.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 2015-01-28 11.40.18.jpg
    2015-01-28 11.40.18.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 2015-01-28 21.01.28.jpg
    2015-01-28 21.01.28.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 28
They are the same baby :flower: I very very highly doubt that a trained sonographer (or even a studying one) would miss a second twin, especially at this gestation. Congratulations on your healthy baby x

The only time an extra baby can be missed is if they are identical. Fraternal twins usually are easier to spot as they dont share the same sac. So in essence you would be able to see two sacs. As for trying to determine gender, its very hard at these early stages and can easily be mistaken. Also emptying your bladder most likely changes how things look. Also between 9 and 12 weeks baby is going to grow and change shape etc as the body grows. So im sure this will make baby look a bit different.

The only time an extra baby can be missed is if they are identical. Fraternal twins usually are easier to spot as they dont share the same sac. So in essence you would be able to see two sacs. As for trying to determine gender, its very hard at these early stages and can easily be mistaken. Also emptying your bladder most likely changes how things look. Also between 9 and 12 weeks baby is going to grow and change shape etc as the body grows. So im sure this will make baby look a bit different.

Those pictures were both taken at my ultra sound yesterday. One i took off my tv from the dvd they sent home with me. I bet it is just one baby.

So I know I am a crazy person but going through my ultra sound dvd with a fine tooth comb I got 2 more interesting pictures. Did I mention I am a good 90 pounds over weight and my placenta is completely in the front. Could that hide a twin?

Attachments

• 2015-01-29 14.44.35.jpg
    2015-01-29 14.44.35.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 2015-01-29 14.45.29.jpg
    2015-01-29 14.45.29.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 31
I honestly think Hun that missing a twin, especially at your stage of pregnancy would be almost impossible. The sonographers are trained to know what they are looking at. I mean with my angel twins I can't imagine anyone missing one. Two heartbeats could clearly be heard and the babies even though identical could clearly be made out. If you were carrying fraternal twins it would be even easier to see. If your really concerned though I'd speak to a doctor.

I asked my friend this who is a sonographer. She said that before they focus on the heart, brain, organs etc- they do what they call a "scout scan" of the uterus, to check for everything and anything abnormal. They would most definitely see if there was a twin :)

If you are really concerned though ask for a referral for another scan?

I am just going to wait till my 20 week ultra sound. I am not that worried about it. I have been reading stories though where it can happen. Even still now with the high tech machines. One women had 2 ultra sounds and then at 25 weeks they found another baby. It is rare but not impossible. It is more apt to happen if you are quite overweight which I am. I doubt it is twins. I hope it's not!!! I already have 4.

Eek 6 would be a lot haha! But I have a good feeling it's just a singleton in there :) hopefully you can relax at your next scan x

Babers, I can't give advice from scans (I'm rubbish at seeing stuff on pics) but there will be other indications if you're having twins. I knew before my scan cause my pregnancy symptoms we so much worse and because my bump grew quickly. At 12 weeks I could feel the top of my womb reaching my bellybutton! If you're bigger built and have had several children you are more likely to carry twins. I must say, we saw there were two as soon as the sonographer started scanning -there were two sacs, then two of everything else.

why are so you desperatly looking at everything in great detail on the 1/1000000 or less shot?

im sorry but I highly doubt you know more than a fully trained and licensed medical professional who does this over 50 times a day

you have 1 baby in there, congrats it looks healthy be happy with that

and the changes in shape you refer to are caused by preasure on the liquid in the sac, you are using sonic waves through water so it easily gets distorted

why are so you desperatly looking at everything in great detail on the 1/1000000 or less shot?

im sorry but I highly doubt you know more than a fully trained and licensed medical professional who does this over 50 times a day

and the changes in shape you refer to are caused by preasure on the liquid in the sac, you are using sonic waves through water so it easily gets distorted

Sorry if my "desperation" is bothering you. Your response comes off as rather rude. I never said I knew more than a trained sonographer. If you don't like my thread stay off of it. Thanks! And for your information I am happy with my 1 healthy baby. I don't want twins for your information. I just don't understand why you had to respond the way you did.

If you don't have anything nice to say please do not post. If my thread is bothering you, please just scroll on passed it. I have just as much right to post first trimester concerns as anyone on this board without getting my feelings hurt by a rude commentor. Thanks. :)

I dont have to stay off anywhere... the is a public website not 'yours'

and dispite being told your refusing to listen to anyone else, you clearly want a second baby to be in there or you wouldnt be obsessing for absoloutly no reason and researching increadibly rare things

and dispite being told your refusing to listen to anyone else, you clearly want a second baby to be in there or you wouldnt be obsessing for absoloutly no reason and researching increadibly rare things

You are not a nice person. You know NOTHING about me or what I want. Do you feel good about making a complete Stranger feel bad??? I have my reason for looking into this actually. Despite being told what I am refusing to listen to what? You are a terrible speller by the way!!

You are not a nice person. You know NOTHING about me or what I want. Do you feel good about making a complete Stranger feel bad??? I have my reason for looking into this actually. Despite being told what I am refusing to listen to what? You are a terrible speller by the way!!

and the response of someone who has no respone 'your spellings bad'

and by the way no one has said anything 'mean' at all, just stated how rediculously unlikely it is... your upset because its not what you want to hear so now you're refusing to listen and spitting the dummy out

the only personal or mean comments have come from you, I even congratulated you on your healthy pregnancy

and the response of someone who has no respone 'your spellings bad'

and by the way no one has said anything 'mean' at all, just stated how rediculously unlikely it is... your upset because its not what you want to hear so now you're refusing to listen and spitting the dummy out

the only personal or mean comments have come from you, I even congratulated you on your healthy pregnancy

Using words like desperate and telling me you "doubt I know more than a trained medical professional" and " just be happy with your one healthy baby" all come off as rude. You can't just say congratulations and expect it to erase the rude tone you used. I am done responding to you. Have a great day.

You ever heard of scrolling on by? Don't like it don't post. No reason to be nasty.

The way this has come across is rather rude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->