Chances of twins - midwife has made me overthink!

fernie3

Reaction score
This is my 6th pregnancy it has so far (9.5 weeks) been far far worse in terms of morning sick was (it is this time all day even waking up at night to be sick) I have also been extremely tired . I had a strong bfp at 9dpo.

I mentioned these things to my midwife yesterday and she told me that with it being my 6th the chance of twins was higher , I am now obsessively googling that!

Has anyone else been thinking about this!

Never heard that before. I had HG with #3, few mentioned twins but only had 1 she is the calmest baby so far.

Really? I'm on my 9th pregnancy and no one has ever mentioned the chance of twins increasing with each pregnancy? I've had two multiple pregnancies but they were my second and third pregnancies and also lost a twin in my sons pregnancy pretty early on. And to be honest I can't say I had any indication of twins due to darker lines on tests, more severe symptoms etc. May have to have a Google of this and see what it has to say.

I got a strong BFP at 8 dpo and my nana had 3 sets of twins so my GP said its a high possibility for me. He couldnt believe how quickly I got my BFP after my LMP. The scan in 17 days will reveal all,

I'm determined I have twins im only 15dpo but I ovulated early for some reason then I got my earliest bnp so far and ive got super strong cravings and can't stop peeing it's never been this bad literally five seconds after peeing I need to go again x

I dont have any sets of twins in my family so i highly doubt ill end up having twins, this is my 7th pregnancy iv never heard the more pregnancies the higher chance of twins, reckon i will be googling that later lol

I am on a mission for twins! I have been pregnant with twins previously, apparently chances increase to have twins when u have had them before. *apprently* it was on here comes the triplets the other day ha. I have also heard and read that the more pregnancies you have you see more likely to have twins. I do actually know 4 families that have 5 and 6 kids that have a set of twins in. Maybe it's Mother Nature throwing your eggs out each month when you have loads of kids already lol..... I have no idea why really ha....

With my twin pregnancy I had tonnes of more headaches and my belly went bigger quicker (more higher up by my ribs) and I literally had to stuff my face nearly every hour to not feel dizzy or sick. That might have been because I was pregnant with dd tho and not coz it was twins (?) I have only had 2 boys to compare pregnancies to.

When do you have first scan?! I had first scan at 6 weeks and only seen one then at 7 weeks is when they seen the other. I can't wait to see how many I have too haha xx

Yep I've totally heard the older you get and the more pregnancies you have, your chance of twins gos up!

I am on my 10th pregnancy and my 7th baby I hope my last pregnancy was a twin but one baby did not grow and was gone by 9 weeks

wonder does that increase my chances of twins

I am on my 10th pregnancy and my 7th baby I hope my last pregnancy was a twin but one baby did not grow and was gone by 9 weeks

depends what type of twins it was. once you have naturally concieved fraternal twins it shows you hyperovulate and then have i higher chance of conceiving another set. identicals are a complete fluke and wont change the chance of conceiving another set atall.

i have also heard the older you are (over 35) and having been pregnant a lot of times can increase the chances.

Did you have any betas done? Of course, you can only look at the numbers cautiously...but its fun to wonder!

depends what type of twins it was. once you have naturally concieved fraternal twins it shows you hyperovulate and then have i higher chance of conceiving another set. identicals are a complete fluke and wont change the chance of conceiving another set atall.

i have also heard the older you are (over 35) and having been pregnant a lot of times can increase the chances.

I do not know what type they were, but I am older 39

I do not mind though, as long as my baby is healthy and gets here is all I want now

Yeah, when we first said we wanted a baby I was thinking i hope it's only 1 this time, will be so much easier and thinking of how we would work bedroom and car situations. Now I am pregnant I just really couldn't care less whats in there (within reason as every extra baby is increased risk and makes the chances of healthy live births drop) but I just want my baby(s). I was 20 when I conceived my frat twins naturally. No family history of multiples and it was my second pregnancy so no risk factors at all, total surprise! This is my 4th pregnancy but I only have my twins.

Yeah, when we first said we wanted a baby I was thinking i hope it's only 1 this time, will be so much easier and thinking of how we would work bedroom and car situations. Now I am pregnant I just really couldn't care less whats in there (within reason as every extra baby is increased risk and makes the chances of healthy live births drop) but I just want my baby(s). I was 20 when I conceived my frat twins naturally. No family history of multiples and it was my second pregnancy so no risk factors at all, total surprise! This is my 4th pregnancy but I only have my twins.

I hope what ever the outcome be it twins or one baby yours gets here safely as well :hugs:

with my 2nd I got a strong bfp at 9dpo and there was only one in there morning sickness also started at 3 weeks and was on anti sickness tablets by 6 weeks because it was pretty bad.
this time, I didn't get a positive till I was 5 weeks. sickness started at 8 weeks also started showing at 8 weeks, feel massive already, hubby keeps saying theres 2 in there as have a few others. theres twins on my mum's side and on hubby's side there on his mum's and dad's side. theres also triplets on his dad's side.

I am having twins this is my 5th pregnancy with babies 4 & 5 with no twins in family. That said I was late to get my BFP so that cannot be used as any twin indication. I found out at 5w2d that there where 2 babies complete shock apart from sickness in the beginning this pregnancy has been no different.

I don't have a huge bump etc :thumbup: but chances do increase with age and the number of times you have been pregnant.

Yes, the more you have the increase goes up, also the older you are (35 +) it goes up more. I am on #8 and 37 but i cant imagine having twins. My 9 years old said i was last preg and now this one but i think he just wants me to have them. I am not having overly horrible symptoms except mood swings.

Ther seems to be a lot more twins lately! Around my area anyway, I see that double red and blue pram everywhere!... Can't remember it's name lol but seems to be everywhere I go x

I am over 35 and on my fifth pregnancy (successful) ninth in total. I got an early bfp and my synptoms have been the worse of all my previous pregnancies. I was CONVINCED I was having twins cos I've read my chances are higher. I had my early scan yesterday and there's definitely only one in there!! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->