Chances of vertical section after bikini?

xSamantha

Me, Hubby, & 2 Sons! :D
Reaction score
Hey everyone!
I had a bikini c-section with my son two years ago. I just wondered (and was hoping) that they will go the same route this time. What are some reasons that it could go differently? Just looking for input. Thanks, ladies! :)

I've had 3 sections, and they always went for the bikini incision. I think a vertical is done in case of an emergency, where they need to get to the baby very very quickly (unlikely in case of a planned cesarean prior to labor onset). Or if you were to have a particularly bad placenta location to minimize bleeding (but that they should be able to identify beforehand). So I really wouldn't worry about it:thumbup:

Thank you! I'm sure it's a slim chance.. but you never know! I like to prepare myself for any scenario. Lol.

I asked my doctor about his last time and he said that they really don't ever go vertical.

It would have to be an extreme case for them to do a vertical incision they always go for bikini.

I’ve had 3 bikini cots and one vertical.

They only for vertically if there’s a reason they need more room ina an emergency situation and for me I had placenta accreta and they was going to perform a hysterectomy to save my life so they needed as much room as possible. However my placenta ended up flopping out and they stitched my tube back together haha!

The vertical incision is a lot more painful and harder to heal from though.

I don’t know anyone who has had one except ‘back in the day’ im pretty sure it’s very rare!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->