Change in baby's schedule... I'm sooo nervous!

Simon'sMum

Reaction score
Hi girls!

Just wanted to let my nervousness out by sharing this with you...

Simon has had a perfect schedule from day 1. He's been having 4 feedings and 3 "solids" meals every day for 1.5 months. However, the last feeding has been around 10 pm for about 4 months now, but I have to wake him up to feed him. Lately, he doesn't want that bottle. He remains sleepy and doesn't drink much; only about 1-3 ounces. So tonight is a big night....

I gave him his supper around 5 and went for errands with him and OH. He then napped for about 1 hour, got his bath and had a 7.5 ounce bottle around 7 pm. I put him to bed and hope the night goes well as I plan on trying to let him sleep 'til morning. But I feel like I'm walking on eggshells. Things had been so fine for months!!! What if all goes haywire now?!

I wish I could blink and be tomorrow!

I'll let you know how it goes. :)

don't know how old your LO is, but Juleika also decided all of a sudden she wants to go to bed latest @ 7:30 pm instead of 11 pm as before.

and before I would have nursed her to sleep, she tends now to kind of give me latest @ this time a shout that she wants to be put to sleep!

I think she is adapating to night and daytime, as @ daytime she wants to be awake the entire time and she is fighting sleep like a champion :baby:

Hello again, girls!

Well, Simon slept like a charm and woke up at 6:30 this morning. He drank and ate well, he's smiling and it looks like we'll have a great day. Hopefully! The tricky part will be making sure he gets enough milk down without the late evening feeding. It was recommended to me that I give him two little "snacks" when he can drink a few ounces with his cup. I'll try that as I don't want his milk intake to decrease too much. Feel free to share any advice... I'm all new to this. Mickey, Simon is around 7.5 months old. He really needs two short naps evry day, though. Since he's become very active, sits by himself and tries to crawl he needs to recharge his batteries. I wish He did stay awake all day as I'd then know he'd sleep fine from 7 pm to 6 am. We"ll see how things go!

Thanks for your good vibes! :)

:D Sounds like it's going well so far!!

Hopefully he follows this new routine without much trouble. Been fine today, real happy and smiling as usual. Went to bed a little later, though. 8:30ish... Wonder if it'll mean waking up later or not... I hope it doesn't mean earlier. My little sisters did that. Urgh... We'll see tomorrow! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->