Changes after our LO's hit 1 year old!

charlie07

Reaction score
So Gabbi is only on 2 milk feeds, morning and night. She cut out the afternoon one on her own!

This is what she has:

8 am ish - 180 ml of formula (although she has seemed to want more the last week!). Followed by either porridge with fruit, baby cereal and fruit or toast.
12 - 12.30 pm - 4 cubes of food (normally 2 veg cubes and 2 complete meal, e.g. spag bol) followed by fruit and yogurt.
Mid afternoon - fruit, rice cake, rice cake and cream cheese, what ever take her fancy but I am rubbish at coming up with ideas!!!
5, 5.30 or 6 - 4 cubes, same as before, followed by fruit and baby night time cereal
8 - 9 - 210 ml of formula, although last night she had 240ml

In 1 months she will be 1 year. Where did the last year go??????????????????
Anyway, how do I change her food and milk????? I know she can go on to full fat cows milk, I know I can mix her formula with it so she take better to it. But do I still give formula for a while?? I ask because in the shop, I saw formula for 1 -2 years old.

Should I then be also giving her more cubes? It isn't pureed, her food is pulsed or mashed, depending on what the food is. E.g. chicken doesn't mash well! Also Gabbi only has 2 bottom teeth and also she can chomped well, she can't chew well yet.

Should she also be taking her breakfast milk from her beaker/cup??? I have the Avent one which has a no spill bit, if I take it off, then water goes everywhere, I do not want milk every where, I want it in her belly!

I have books I have used as reference for the last year (not followed but had some great tips to pick and choose from), but I have nothing for after they hit 1!!!

Does anyone have any tips, know of good books (mum comes for a visit in 8 weeks), good website, etc?????

Thanks girls

Hiya

Im in the same boat, so I would be interested in the responses from others.

Jess is turning 1 in a months time also. Shes on 2 feeds everyday- morning and night before bedtime. She has snacks/food and water at Brekkie/lunch and dinner times.

When she turns one, i was planning on switching to cows milk to the bottle and then gradually transitioning to the beaker. I cant think of anything diff?

No response Teel, we may have to suss it ourselves. I might ask again in the September babies section, other mums like us.

I am going to wean Gabbi onto Cows milk slowly too, she loves her porridge with full fat CM so doubt it will be a problem ...... famous last words!! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->