Changing Baby Milk

Little Monkey

Mother of 4
Reaction score
Hi

My 3 weeks old daughter is on Aptamil First since birth, but she seems to be having alot of yellow loose stools and over the last 24 hours they have become watery stools but hasnt changed colour or anything. She is still taking her 4oz every 3 hours with no problems and is not being sick.

I have been told by my mum to change her milk to Aptamil Easy Digest. Is it ok to change milks at 3 weeks old. I dont see the Health Visitor again until Thursday but need to buy some more milk today.

I am not sure if its the milk causing the loose and watery stools as my oldest son (now 9) has a milk intolerance and has a simular thing happen to him, but he was given soya milk, which he hated.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Caitlins nappies were always soft/watery & on asking was that ok with HV the answer was yes! At first her poohs were darker etc bu turned a yellow colour soon after like you if I remember right. I would b uy her normal milk until you speak to HV.

x

ii changed milks that time and different brands from sma gold to aptimal and my daughter was fine. I would try it as if the first isnt agreeing with her then no point on staying on it :)

I put Kyle from Aptimal First, to Easy Digest, but it was because of Colic and not pooing enough..Best to ask health visitor. Were you not given a number to call? You could ask any health visitor you managed to speak to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->