Charity 5k run in 5 weeks time, help!!?

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
I'm doing the rainbow run to raise money for Children's Hospices South West in May, it's suddenly dawned on me that it is mid April and I have done nothing in the way of training!!! In the past I haven't really trained for 5k but I was generally fitter and cycling every day to work which I haven't done since BFP. I walk a lot with the buggy and have lost my pregnancy weight, can I run with a normal buggy (mamas and papas Urbo) or would I need a special 'jogger' as we can't afford and don't have space for a new buggy.

I don't mind walking bits if I have to, but I don't want to be embarrassingly slow as I'm running with friends. Is it too late to expect to run a decent part of it?

Have you tried the c25k app. It literally trains you over 8 weeks (or quicker if you train more) I love it and its free :)

Not sure about the buggy sorry.

Thanks, I looked at that but it said it's a 9 week programme, is it easily adaptable for 5 weeks do you think?

Definitely. If you're already relatively fit you could start on week 2 or 3 and then run four or five times per week instead of three.

Definitely doable :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"