• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Charlie - Birth story!!

Zarababy1

4 boys. TTC #5
Reaction score
Well its been 5 days now! we're loving every moment!

Charlie Was born on 1/7/08 at 9.55am he weighed 8lb 10.5oz and he was 57cm!!
After spending 10 hours in hospital with my little sister i got home about 9pm got settled for bed about 12am! 2am i woke up to go to the toilet and my waters broke, i wasnt too sure what too do at first just kinda stood there looking...any way we called the hospital which is about 5 mins walk from my house they told us they were very full and could we go to the new birthing center at hartlepool, so off we went with a towl on the front seat of the car picked granny up, i started to get contractions on the way we got there at about 3am i had the tens machine on which seemed to help alot!! when we got to the hospital i was 2-3cms dilated they said we could go home but we its such a long journey we stayed which was a good job because by 4am my contractions were really strong and i had the gas and air! I really wanted a water birth so i got in the birthing pool at about 5:15am by about 8 or 9 i wanted to push but the midwife wasnt sure if i was far enough dilated so i had to get out of the water when she checked i was 9cms, in the end i started to push it only took 20mins for me to push him out!!

He arrived safely we had 40mins of skin to skin they he was taken off because i fell alseep! all i really remember is that i was freezing cold!! me
We came home that day altho we were told if we wanted too we could stay but i just wanted to be at home!

The birth was brilliant i'd definatly do it again it wasnt half as bad as i was expecting. Charlie was the first baby to be deliverd at the new birthing center from stockton so were going to have our photo in the paper!!

The first 5 days have been amazing and every day gets better im breastfeeding which is going really well, Charlie got weighed today he has put on 4oz so now hes 8lb 14.5oz!!

If somone can let me know how on earth too post pics iv got plenty!!:happydance:

congrats hun!!! :)

I use photobucket.com!! Upload them onto that then just post the image code onto your message!! We can all see them then :)

Congrats on your new baby!!!! Use photobucket.com I love them :) its easy to post up pics to :)

Congrats on the birth of your baby boy! Your birth sounds lovely and he will always be a baby to be remembered as he was the first born there. That will be a nice story to tell him when he's older and sounds like he's putting on weight like a tropper. x

Awww congrats, what a lovely birth story :)

Congrats on your new arrival!! :happydance: It sounds like a good birth experience :D

xx

congrats hun sounds like a loverly birth xxx

wow well done, i am looking forward to giving birth, nice to hear you had a good experience xxxx good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->