Charlotte's first day with a fluffy bum!

cath

Reaction score
Wish me luck girls, we're about to embark on the fluffy adventure! We've managed to build up a mini stash of 6 nappies so we're going to have a go at doing a full day in cloth. I'm gradually adding to the stash so am hoping to go full time at some point (except the 2 days she's at nursery-dont know yet if they'll do reuseables) but for the moment we'll have to be part-timers. I've just put her in her first ever cloth nappy (a swaddlebee pocket) & am ridiculously excited about it :happydance: OH thinks I'm mad both for being so excited about nappies & for all the extra work he thinks it will create for me but I'm hoping that he'll come round as he see's them working.

CONGRATS we'll have been in cloth 1 week tomorrow

Thanks hun. If someone had said to me a few months ago that I woould be getting this excited about nappies, I'd have thought they were mad! Cant believe how addictive it is.

i know! my hubby says they are for holding sh** at the end of the day so why get so excited... just cant explain it i guess. and here at bnb we enable eachother :lol:

woo hoo! enjoy it! your OH will come around, mine now comments on how smelly, thin and papery the sposies are!

Woop Woop, hope it goes well. I laughed at the idea of cloth at first, but LOVE it now. It makes nappy changes a much nicer expecience than a sposie :D

Only 5 hours in & we had our first poonami! She has really explosive poos as she's taking Lactulose, plus she's BF. She hasnt been for a couple of days so thought we might be due one & hey presto, it appeared around 1pm. The nappy actually held it in quite well, I'm impressed. With a sposie, its been known to have to completely change her but with the cloth, we just had a slight leak over the waistband & a tiny spot of poo on her vest. I have ordered some shaped nappies & wraps which will apparantly hold explosions in a bit better so next time she's due one, we should be able to try those out but in the meantime, cloth is still beating disposibles, hands down :dance:
Now the explosion is out of the way, I've put one of her posher nappies on, a BBOS. It looks sooooooo pretty. I showed OH how pretty is was & he just rolled his eyes :blush:

I find that the cloth holds poo explosions in better - my thinking is that the material has more traction and holds the poop where it lands more, whereas the disposable doesn't have the traction and we used to get poo up the back cos it just slipped wherever it fancied! We had quit a few vests changes in sposies!

Hows your first day going? i know when we first started using cloth nappies i was excited and im still excited about it now, its got to the point where if someone asks about Lo's nappies, they cant shut me up :haha:

Hows your first day going? i know when we first started using cloth nappies i was excited and im still excited about it now, its got to the point where if someone asks about Lo's nappies, they cant shut me up :haha:

It went really well thanks. I had to change to a disposible after her bath as I dont have any cloth suitable for night duty yet but we did the full day in cloth & I was really pleased with how it went. We tried every nappy I own so far to see what we like & what we dont. My absolute fave so far was the BBOS which I've now ordered 2 more of. I wasnt too keen on the Wonderoo, it just didnt seem to fit her too well so that might end up on the swap thread once I've washed it. The rest were just ok(none of my pretties have arrived yet so apart from the BBOS,they're all quite boring-just bog standard PUL outer with fleece inner) They've all been washed & are hanging on the line ready to go again tomorrow. I was suprised by how gutted I was to put a sposie on her at the end of the day though.

yay welldone Cath, I remember when I first started, I felt the same away about going back to sposies the next day so I got into a little routine of washing them everynight and drying them over night and it worked quite well :) now though I do it every other day :D

BTW BBOS there so lush :D what did you order?

I found the Wonderoos much better once she got bigger, might be worth holding out and seeing.

BTW BBOS there so lush :D what did you order?

I found 2 preloved ones-a purple one & a spotty one(think it was pink, brown & sage) I've also got 2nd refusal on a pink camoflage one on the swap & sell thread. Once I've got some money, I can see myself going mad & buying a new one in every design! I've also got my eye on a Cushie Tushie & the whole of the WN site :rofl: How did buying nappies become so addictive?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->