Chart Help! Dip after O?

Rscha

Reaction score
My first month charting and this is stressful! Not sure I want to keep doing this. Yesterday my temp spiked, and now it dipped again. Some sources say it could be a secondary estrogen surge, or because it was cold in our room last night, or I have hormonal issues. Eek!

I know I have to wait for more temps over the next few mornings but... has this happened to anyone else? Do you know why it happens?

Chart.jpg

It doesn't look like its dipped by very much at all, I wouldn't worry about a small dip like that. R u temping at the same time each day? Have you got your settings on advanced settings so that it automatically works out ovulation date and gives you your 'crosshairs' (Red Cross) x

I need a few more temps for my crosshairs. I started to worry because it dropped instead of going up but a few articles said that it is probably a fallback rise. I need more temps to see if those rise.

I don't see anything to be concerned about. Its just one temp and its not a very big dip at that.

There are a ton of variables that could contribute to that... and most likely, its just normal variation.

How do you take your temps? Orally or vaginally? I found that vaginal BBT was far more stable -- but even taking it at the same time every day, my BBT isn't the exact same day to day. A .2˚F difference is not something I'd worry about. Breathe, and give it a few more days before getting too concerned :)

My first month charting and this is stressful! Not sure I want to keep doing this. Yesterday my temp spiked, and now it dipped again. Some sources say it could be a secondary estrogen surge, or because it was cold in our room last night, or I have hormonal issues. Eek!

I know I have to wait for more temps over the next few mornings but... has this happened to anyone else? Do you know why it happens?

View attachment 829751

I agree with you...this is my first month charting too and it's been really stressful (mine is because I never ever get consistent or a good night sleep, so I'm pretty sure it just won't be accurate for me)....

however, your chart did not dip that much...FF is just looking for it to be a certain amount above cover line and yours looks well enough to me.

It doesn't look like you have hormonal issues from a little dip like that. Your chart won't show any issues until the end of your cycle. Your temperature is still higher than your previous temperatures, and it looks like you have ovulated. I bet you will get crosshairs tomorrow. Don't let it stress you out, it will get easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"