Chart Help Needed

KATSPAR85

Reaction score
Hi Ladies.

This is my first post on here so I am a newbe. I need some help with my chart. I have been TTC for 3 1/2 months now and I am having a lot of trouble figuring out if/when I am Ovulating. This months chart has not helped with my confusion.

fertilityfriend.com/home/459051

My temps have been up and down like a yoyo. I have also had some spotting/bleeding towards the start of my cycle which I have not had before. My first cycle off birth control was 33 Days. The second was 38 Days. So far I am on CD29.

I am having some syptoms such as fatigue, thirst, queasy etc but I just don't know what to think. Because I can't figure out when/if I O'd, I don't know when I should test or expect AF.

Any help that you can give me would be appreciated. :wacko:

It sounds like you haven't been off birth control very long? It sometimes takes a few months for your cycles to settle down after stopping, which can be frustrating, but you might need to give it some more time to see a normal pattern.

Some of your temps are open circles, have you been temping at the same time each day? And do you do it as soon as you wake up? I find the only way for me to get a regular time is to set an alarm for earlier than I get up, just to temp, then I go back to sleep for a while. If you have been temping at different times that might account for some of the erratic temps.

Did you have any positive OPKs in your previous cycles? You have got a positive opk recorded this month, and then your temp goes up a couple of days later, that's good. I'd suggest that maybe you ovulated on day 27. The temp drop on day 29 might just be a fallback rise, I get those a lot, so if your temp goes up again tomorrow I'd say you have ovulated. FF needs three days of higher temps before it will give you an ovulation date.

The important thing to check is how long your luteal phase is. That's from the day after ovulation until the day before your period starts. It needs to be over 10 days (ideally 12-14 days), if it's shorter than that then you might not be ovulating very well and/or have low progesterone. But there are supplements you can take to improve that. And your temp should stay reasonably high all through your luteal phase, although sometimes it might drop for 1 day.

I hope this is helpful!

Your temps go up and down all the way! Palladium is right, probably it's because you stopped taking pills, I guess you need bit more time to have it regulated. But it's heading into good direction, your cycle are getting shorter, it's great!
I'd say your O day was on 24th or 26th cd, but it's hard to say anything for sure.
How long have you been temping? Did you figure out when you O in your previous cycles?

Thanks for your input. I had been on implanon for a few years. I changed to the pill for two months before ttc.

I do try to temp as close to the same time each day. One thing that I thought could be affecting it is that I don't sleep through the night and often wake up at say 2am, 4am, 5am etc so I find it hard to temp after 3 full hours of sleep.

I did have positive opks last month about 14 days before AF.

It has been really doing my head in.

Your temps go up and down all the way! Palladium is right, probably it's because you stopped taking pills, I guess you need bit more time to have it regulated. But it's heading into good direction, your cycle are getting shorter, it's great!
I'd say your O day was on 24th or 26th cd, but it's hard to say anything for sure.
How long have you been temping? Did you figure out when you O in your previous cycles?

I tried temping last month too but I missed a few days. Couldn't figure it out last month either.
Thanks for your help

I wake up a lot during the night too. They say you should temp after 3 hours sleep, but I find that as long as I take it at close to the same time each day it's pretty reliable. If I wake up early I just try to avoid moving too much and go back to sleep until its time. I set an alarm for 5am, take my temp and then sleep in until 7. if I wake up at 4 I just try to go back to sleep until 5 and I get pretty good temps. I tried doing it at 6:30 when I normally start to wake up properly, but that was a bit erratic, so I do it at 5 to get consistent temps.

Thanks everyone for you help and support. My temp has gone back down again over the last few days. Perhaps the spike on CD28 was due to a few too many drinks the night before. (Yes I know - shouldn't be drinking. It was a once off)

Got a BFN yesterday on FRER, but again, It could have been too early to test not knowing when Ovulation was, or if it even occured. TMI, but I did start to get very sore nipples on CD27 which for the past three months has been a sign for me that I am nearing the end of my cyle.

I don't think I am in luck this month, so hopefully next month I may be able to detect 'O' and have a better chance.:shrug:

Yes, drinking ususally influences temps, so try to reduce it maybe. If you're still confused, you can always check what other websites say about your cycle. I know they can give you different results.
GL next month! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->