Charting help please?

lilmisscaviar

2 girls, 3 boys
Reaction score
Ok ladies I need some help from all you charting pros. This is my first month charting which my doctor wanted me to try because we have been trying unsuccessfully since July to become pregnant and she wanted to see how my temps look. I'm not due for my next appointment until December 9th so I wanted to ask you ladies a few questions. First off, I'm on CD11 and due to ovulate any day now. Anyway I've been charting since CD1. During AF my temps were pretty consistent but as soon as AF stopped it has been up and down ever since. I take my temp at the same time each day when I first wake up. I know it can be normal to bounce around a bit prior to O, however mine differ between .5-.6 degrees each day. Is this unusual? Does this mean it is possible I may not ovulate again this month?

That's ok to bounce like that. If you weren't gonna O you wouldn't see a significant shift. For example the temp difference I had was almost a full degree. It went from 98.0-98.9. Or you can have a gradual rise called the "3 over 6 rule". It's where the next 3 temps are higher than the previous 6 temps. I use FF and it's wonderful telling me when I O. :)

My temp bounces around, especially if I have a cold or something. But there's always a significant shift in my temp before I O, almost a full degree. Have you thought about using OPKs with your temping at all? That would help confirm things.

Angel, I use FF too and I love it! I'm wondering though... how long does it take before you get your crosshairs typically? About how many dpo?

Ser523 I've been using opks as well but I have yet to get a positive this cycle. I starting using them back in September and have had positives every month but I still don't think I've ovulated. My surge lasted less than 24 hours and I had no hint of a second line on my opks at any other time during the months - none. It's like there was no LH in my body.

Angel, I use FF too and I love it! I'm wondering though... how long does it take before you get your crosshairs typically? About how many dpo?

Ser523 I've been using opks as well but I have yet to get a positive this cycle. I starting using them back in September and have had positives every month but I still don't think I've ovulated. My surge lasted less than 24 hours and I had no hint of a second line on my opks at any other time during the months - none. It's like there was no LH in my body.

It takes 3 days past O to get your crosshairs. If you are having a lot of temp fluctuations consider a few things:
Drinking can effect it (some people like me are highly sensitive to this), broken sleep, sleeping with an open mouth and taking it in a different area of your mouth. Make sure your mouth remains closed and you do it in the same spot every time (Under tongue obviously), don't drink water, go pee or anything before you take it and don't take it twice because it doesn't look right :winkwink:. If you fail to get a temp shift or have a hard time seeing a clear pattern, you could try vaginal temping next cycle as it's supposed to be a lot more consistent and accurate. Don't worry too much about individual temps though, it's the pattern that matters.

Good luck.

Thank you Ltweety, that really helps :)

I had a positive opk today but as with the last few cycles so I'll see in a few days if my temps correspond with my opk. My temp rose back up again so it is possible that I did truly ovulate. Fx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->