Charting

Mrs. JJ

Mommy
Reaction score
Hello ladies!!

In preperation for TTC I am not only taking Prenatal vitamins with Folic Acid but I am also attempting to chart. :happydance:

Only problem is that I'm a charting dunce. :dohh:

I've been temping for 8 days now and my first was in the late afternoon on a hot day so I'm ignoring it and the others vary a bit but today it seemed REALLY low. Am I doing something wrong or is this normal?

Chart

Thanks for your help ladies!!! :hugs:

Hello ladies!!

In preperation for TTC I am not only taking Prenatal vitamins with Folic Acid but I am also attempting to chart. :happydance:

Only problem is that I'm a charting dunce. :dohh:

I've been temping for 8 days now and my first was in the late afternoon on a hot day so I'm ignoring it and the others vary a bit but today it seemed REALLY low. Am I doing something wrong or is this normal?

Chart

Thanks for your help ladies!!! :hugs:

Your supposed to take your temp in the morning before you have done anything, even gone for a wee and after 4 or more contiunus (sp?) hours of sleep. Your also supposed to start on day 1 of your cycle i think.

There is a great course on fertilityfriend.com :D

Hey hun, im a newbie to charting too, found it rather difficult at the beginning, but i use fertilityfriends course and im a lot more clued up on it now!
Good Luck Learning xx

I did the coarse from fertility friend and I temp every morning before I get up but my temp dropped really low today, don't know why that is.

I did the coarse from fertility friend and I temp every morning before I get up but my temp dropped really low today, don't know why that is.

Have you been ill? Might have had a bug

Nah I feel ok. Could I be ovulating? Is it too early in my cycle to ovulate? I have minor little cramps on my right side near my ovary... is that a sign of ovulation?

Nah I feel ok. Could I be ovulating? Is it too early in my cycle to ovulate? I have minor little cramps on my right side near my ovary... is that a sign of ovulation?

The pain could be but i thought that your temp was supposed to go up when you ovulate.

LOL, maybe I was reading the courses backwards!

hmm you have to take your temp EVERY day?

Ya, but I just started 8 days ago, this is my first cycle attempting this. Guess we'll see what happens with tomorrows temp... :shrug:

I signed up for the FF course last night coz I've got about six cycles (have long ones) until TTC, wanna get this charting thing down! So if you're a charting dunce like moi then we can learn together!
I don't think I want to actively time BD by the charting, we'll still be energiser bunnies but at least that way I will be able to see the symptoms & stuff coming for what they actually are (either normal or pg) rather than my imagination!!

Hi Kintenda! Sounds good let's chart shall we?

I'm charting cause I want to know what day I ovulate then BD the day of or after. We're trying for a boy first. :cloud9:

So I temped this morning and I'm right back on track. I was looking at other charts and it looks like most women dip down pretty low once a month prior to OV. Not sure why but I'll figure it out!

Omg before reading this i didnt even know what charting was :blush: oh my I have soo much to learn in just a few months!! xxx

Hullo Mrs JJ :) Yay, a charting buddy! AF doesn't start for just under 3 wks as I have 5 wk cycles so I think I will start my chart then, it'll be good to understand my body a bit more!
I think it's really interesting how you can try to time :sex: for a boy or girl! We're just gonna *ahem* enjoy the ride, I think everyone secretly has a sex that they imagine for their foetus to be (& if I'm honest, mine's a girl) but I would be happy with either - no harm in trying the methods - you'll have to let us know if it works ;)

A lot of women have one or sometimes two lower temperatures before ovulating. It's called ovulation dip and if you have them consider yourself lucky cause that make ovulation so much easier to predict later on if you want to for TTC.

Slightly off-topic: You know that "timing" sex before ovulation for a girl or after for a boy only moves your chances for either by 5%? In other words: instead of 10 out of 20 babies being girls, you'll have either 9 or 11 out of 20 being girls. But you do decrease your chances of getting pregnant at all in any given circle by quite a bit, so I wonder if that's really worth it? But maybe that's just cause I'm a.) quite old and b.) will be happy with either gender.

Ive just signed up for it this morning too! Had no idea what it was before that. Had the first two emails but do you get one a day after that? I wanna know it all NOW! lol

Read the first 2 but still dont understand wat day I ovulate. Very confused!

I got the first two so I read through it, then did the little quizzes then next lesson came today! So I dunno if it's based on the quizzes or whether they just come every day or so? xx

Yay Kintenda!! The emails come everyday so you should be well prepared by the time :witch: shows up. Can't wait for you to start, it's actually kinda fun!

Oh Sparky is going to join us! :happydance:

Amy - You rock, thanks for that, I was wondering why that was cause it seems to have evened out now.

Ya, I know the chances aren't that great and to be honest, I'll be happy with either but I've always imagined having a boy first (I always wanted a big brother when I was little) so I figure there's no harm in trying. Plus I have a billion nieces so I'd love to not have to look at pink for awhile. :rofl: So the plan is for the first few cycles to try :sex: on the day after ovulation and if nothing comes of it then we'll forgoe that plan.

Amy I think you're our resident charting expert! Hope you stick around. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->