Chayce Andrew- Born 12/09/2009!

millygirl

Reaction score
Well finally getting around to writing his birth story!!:happydance:
Hope its not too long.

Friday the 11th I woke with a strange feeling of excitement and told my OH that I was sure bubby was coming today.He laughed and said "yeah right" as i had been told two weeks ago that was in slow labour.So I don't think he thought anything of it.Iwas soon buzzing around the house cleaning and repacking the hospital bags. MIL came round and OH and her were looking at me like I was bonkers.

Well by late afternoon nothing was happening,I started getting really sad, crying and moody, disappointed.OH went to work at 8pm that night as he works shiftwork.

Got home bout 930pm and had two minute noodles for tea and felt weird so had a bath with clary sage.Got out made a cuppa and sat down for some BNB time.

Felt cramping coming on so took some panadol and went to bed at 1230am.
Was tired but the cramping started getting more intense.It was 2am before i started timing them and the pain was getting worse.So rang OH to come home.He ran all the way home in 5mins flat!!!lolol....bless him.

By 4am knew this was the real deal.Went to hosp and she did an internal and was fully thinned but only 2cms.Decided to go home.
Contractions wernt as bad as i thought pain wise but was getting alot of back pain.
Because baby was back 2 back i mentally prepared myself for a couple of days in labour,so by 11 i started getting a little crazy, thinking the pain was going to last forever and i wouldnt dilate.

I hadnt eaten anything since the night before and was trying to get fluids into me but kept chuckuing up.So decided to go back in because of becoming dehydrated.
When we got there they said DR would be in at 2pm.So we had to wait.Pain was getting worse now and I was now exhausted, so they put me on the drip and offered the gas.I tried it once but it made me sick so didnt use it.

The dr came and did an internal and said I was 8cm and i would have bubby in a few hrs.He then broke my waters and the pain really vamped up.
Soon I had the urge to push. Midwife was saying,no your not ready i said i was!!Oh reckons he then saw her run to get her gloves on.
I had some trouble understanding the whole push thing. Midwife was saying push through the bum not through your chest and I was like Iam pushing through my bum......lol.
But then I got the hang of it.
I started asking how many pushes it would take and they were like we cant tell you that, I wanted an answer and that was all there was to it.
The midwife then said well we'll start at ten and see how we go.....then before I knew it everyone was having bets on how many.
It took five pushes for him to come out.

When Chayce came out the put him on my stomach with his bum facing me and all I saw was his ball sack!!!!:haha:I then said OMG its a BOY!!!
Turned to OH and he had the biggest smile on his face!!
Then they couldn't get the placenta out, but after 20 mins I pushed it out.

The worst part for me was the stitching up.I had second degree tear and my perinium was torn.

Then it got infected and when I peed It felt like razor blades.I was in tears with pain from the tear for about a week.
But I would do it all again.
But I was in established labor for 9 hrs and Dr couldnt believe how well I did.

Chayce Andrew was born at 5:14pm.
Weight: 7pd 12oz
Length: 50cms
Head circumfrence: 33.5cm
and is a little boobie juice monster!!!!:happydance:

Never knew I could love someone so much!!:cloud9:

Thanks for reading this long story!!!
Here's some pics!!

https://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af222/millygirl2009/chayce079.jpg

https://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af222/millygirl2009/chayce039.jpg

https://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af222/millygirl2009/chayce105.jpg

Congratulations!!!! He is gorgeous!

Congratulations! He looks beautiful!

"When Chayce came out the put him on my stomach with his bum facing me and all I saw was his ball sack!!!!"

MY GOD I actually proper belly laughed at this!! HAHAHAHA!

Congrats lady, he's sooooooooo cute :) xxx

Congratulaions!!!
Lovely name :)
sounds liek u were a very brave lady! xx

Milly he's beautiful well done!!!! You did, really, really well!!!! The pushing parts bizarre until you get your head round it!!!

Hugs for your 2nd degree tear - i had one too it was bloody awful, had me in tears a few times!!!!!!

Congratulations Milly, he's gorgeous xx

Aww congratulations, he's lovely!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"