Cheese sauce

KimE

mum of 2
Reaction score
Poppy loves the jars that have cheese sauce (cauliflower cheese and cheesey veg) and I was wondering whether anyone had a recipe for cheese sauce that their lo's love and I really want to make my own :happydance: have tried the annabel karmel one and I don't think its cheesey enough for her - should I just add more cheese????

Thanks guys :hugs:

I use one but I don't go by measurements usually so I'll try to explain the best I can..

I add a spoon to add a knob of butter to a warm pan and wait for it to melt.

Add enough plain flour for the butter to form like dough, and cook that for a couple of minutes.

Then I gradually add some milk, continually whisking. I usually add a bit, then get it to thicken, then add some more until it seems like it is stopping the thickening.

Then add some cheese until it's as cheesy as you want. It's done as soon as all the cheese is melted.

I use one but I don't go by measurements usually so I'll try to explain the best I can..

I add a spoon to add a knob of butter to a warm pan and wait for it to melt.

Add enough plain flour for the butter to form like dough, and cook that for a couple of minutes.

Then I gradually add some milk, continually whisking. I usually add a bit, then get it to thicken, then add some more until it seems like it is stopping the thickening.

Then add some cheese until it's as cheesy as you want. It's done as soon as all the cheese is melted.

Thanks sounds good! :happydance: Have you ever frozen the sauce? If you have did it defrost ok? xx

Hmm I haven't done. Once you get used to the recipe, it's quite easy to just quickly do the right amount. If you only wanted a little bit, you'd just have to use less butter and just add the right amount of flour so as to get a dough.

It will freeze, but you sometimes need to add a bit more milk to get it liquid again.

(I make my cheese sauce this way too!).

i heat some milk and mix with some baby rice, and then just add some cheese, no measurements just do it by eye to the right thickness, i then add that to some cailiflower and brocolli, my LO loves it, and having the baby rice in the sauce makes a nice smooth puree too x

i heat some milk and mix with some baby rice, and then just add some cheese, no measurements just do it by eye to the right thickness, i then add that to some cailiflower and brocolli, my LO loves it, and having the baby rice in the sauce makes a nice smooth puree too x

Ooooooh thats a really good idea!! Thanks hun, think I might try that one as well. xx

That sounds a really simple idea - I'm going to try this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->