Cheesed off

Rumpskin

Free to try again!
Reaction score
I am cheesed off with my doctors.

I went to the doctors to confirm my pregnancy at around 3w 5d and the doctor said that he would contact the midwife by letter. With my last pregnancy, I had to fill out a midwife referral form of which I didnt with this one.

I thought by 8 weeks, I would have heard something by now?

I phoned the doctors 2 days ago and the receptionist said that I would need to fill out this form :dohh: I went in and filled it out the same day. The midwife was in the doctors yesterday and should have picked up my form then.

Surely, the midwife should be in touch by now? I dont want a late booking - I just want it to hurry up.

Also, I will be well cheesed off if my scan date falls in Half Term as my OH is off to Italy for the week. Would you guys reschedule and get a later scan or go with the scan and then OH can see LO at 20 weeks. :dohh:

Sorry for the rant xxx

Rant away!!!

How annoying are doctors sometimes!!

I would try to make sure the booking was for when your OH was there (even if that meant being late) Although, saying that, I would be desperate to do the scan as early as possible!!

Sorry I am not much help really.

:dust::dust::dust:

Hey, I can 't hlp you with my prob but you said you knew you were preg at 3w 5d.... If I am preg i would be 3w and 6 days... what symptoms did you get that made you think/know you were preg?

I have constant ache/bloating and occasional random cramp, sore lower back and odd moments where I feel nauseous. I did a test 3 days ago and it was neg, only most say it is too early to tell on a HPT. I am due this sat, so if I'm late it will be another symptom...

I never normally get bloaty or achy at ttom... do you think I could be?

Hey, I can 't hlp you with my prob but you said you knew you were preg at 3w 5d.... If I am preg i would be 3w and 6 days... what symptoms did you get that made you think/know you were preg?

I have constant ache/bloating and occasional random cramp, sore lower back and odd moments where I feel nauseous. I did a test 3 days ago and it was neg, only most say it is too early to tell on a HPT. I am due this sat, so if I'm late it will be another symptom...

I never normally get bloaty or achy at ttom... do you think I could be?

Hey sparky, I have very short cycles (ie 24 days) so i took a test a day or so before I was due. The only weird thing for me is that my normal night sweats stopped and my boobs were very full, lumpy and veiny (nothing unusual for my normal PMT). I had a hospital appointment for a mammogram that day and the consultant said that my breasts were very lumpy and asked if my cycles were okay (I reckon he knew tbh).

I did a CB non digi and had the most fantastic line, you couldnt tell if it was positive or not. If you can, hold on for a while and wait for your hormone levels to get up.

Good luck darling x

Doctors are a pain, they dont seem to care :(

As for the scan.....i think its hard enough for out OH's to bond with the baby when its inside us lol, i wouldn't want my OH to miss the first scan if it could be helped.

If theres a possibility of a problem or your really worried i wouldn't delay it but if everything's fine just say your away that week xxxxx

Doctors are a pain, they dont seem to care :(

As for the scan.....i think its hard enough for out OH's to bond with the baby when its inside us lol, i wouldn't want my OH to miss the first scan if it could be helped.

If theres a possibility of a problem or your really worried i wouldn't delay it but if everything's fine just say your away that week xxxxx

Hey sweets

I think you are right. I dont want to exclude OH at all but it would be sods law that the two happen at the same time. I am only anxious because I m/c in January. I had an early scan at 6w4d as my pregnancy symptoms went and I had a few aches and pains. I am just finding this part of the pregnancy is going so slow - I am rubbish at being patient! xxx

i would try for a later scan but i have heard of some people who asked for it later that then had to wait another 3-4 weeks before they could fit them in for there scan but if you be persistant and ask alot you should get ahead because they will get annoyed with you keep ringing and put you forward ....

as to the midwife my doctors did all mine on the tuesday and by the friday i had my 1st appointment at 6wks 2dys

i only recived my letter today - i have my booking in on tuesday and my scan next wends but il be 10 +3 then and im thinking thats so mad as i had one at 12 weeks with my LO?

i rescheduled my 20 week scan,. I said I was away that week and it wasnt a problem. The midwife referral took ages. they don't book you in till about 12 weeks here.

Dont panic hun!
The first time I heard from my midwife, was the day before I was 8 weeks, she rang to book my 1st appointment, which was the following day so I was dead on 8 weeks.
All doctors are different aswelll as midwifes and have their own policeys, Dont start worrying yet, Id wait a week or two untill you hear from your midwife and if you dont then to phone the doctors. Alot of people dont see a midwife untill after their first scan.
You'll see her soon:D
X

I postponed my next scan so DH could be there, but was really lucky that I only had to postpone by 2 days so doesn't make much difference. I know you want OH to be there, but personally if it has to be delayed by more than a couple of days I wouldn't do it. Take someone with you though xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->