Cherishing the last few days of being pregnant :)

MoonLove

Reaction score
My first pregnancy was great, i loved being pregnant and i was super duper excited for my daughter's arrival! After a traumatic birth and emerg c-sec, followed by awful PND, i was ABSOLUELY NEVER HAVING ANOTHER BABY AGAIN.

Three and a half years later, i am now 37 weeks with my second, a little boy. I have felt so connected to this child from so early on, i 'knew' i was pregnant before i got my BFP. I longed for a little boy to complete my family, as this is definitely going to be my last baby, and i couldn't stop bawling my eyes out with happiness when they told me his gender at 20 weeks. We already had his name sorted and because i know an actual baby comes out at the end (unlike my first preg when everything was new and scary) i feel so much more prepared than i did before.

So theres 21 days til the due date. He could pretty much come anyday now. I don't feel 37 weeks pregnant. I mean, of course i get all the pains and aches and damn is it hard to walk now, but i don't feel 'ahhh i just want this baby out already!'. I feel calm and relaxed and excited. I have been given the all clear for VBAC as long as i go into labour naturally. :happydance:

This time round, however, i KNOW this is my last few days of ever being pregnant. I'm not going to have anymore children after he is born, i am not going to experience this again, and it is quite daunting. I am determined to enjoy these last few weeks and excitedly wait for any labour signs. In a months time, i will have my baby and i will not be pregnant anymore. That is insane to even imagine. I love being pregnant, but i do look forward to getting back into the usual swing of things once he is born. I just want to cherish these remaining few days now, every kick feels so precious :cloud9:

Aweeee that's so sweet! I can relate in that I want to cherish this pregnancy because it will be the last. I won't be experiencing this again so I am trying to treasure every kick and milestone. It is kind of sad, but exciting. I wish you the best! Being calm and treasuring these moments will hopefully lead to a very calm birth as well. Good luck to you!

This is my first, and I really don't know if I will be carrying another baby again. Either way, people say things go by so fast, so I am trying to enjoy every part that I can.

I've felt the same, we are also having a little boy and it is highly unlikely that we will have anymore! Like you i had a emcs with my little girl after a long labour. this time i can try for a vbac but am being induced on Monday due to gestational diabetes so although I'm trying to cherish these last days it is hard as I'm not looking forward to the induction!
Good luck with everything and i hope your birth is much easier this time! X

I know just what you mean. This is my third baby and we always hoped for three, so the chances are I won't be doing this again. I think it will be odd to have 'lasts' with this one too. When my other two were smaller my friends would talk about feeling sad that their babies were out of newborn clothes or had finished breastfeeding or moved into a big bed etc, and I never really felt that because I always thought I would be having another, but this time I do think I will experience that to some extent. Hope your VBAC goes really smoothly x

I had a very difficult time conceiving my LO, and even though the door is open to having another ( both me and my spouse have already discussed it, lol, we haven't birthed the first one) I can't help but feel a little sadness that I only have a few short weeks left of being pregnant. I have thoroughly enjoyed being pregnant, my pregnancy has been wonderful! All the good and hardly any of the cumbersome pregnancy ailments have afflicted me. I am the last of my family and close friends to conceive and with as much trouble as we had to even get pregnant, I can't help but feel a small bit of sadness that the is quickly approaching. Don't get me wrong, I am very much looking forward to finally meeting our daughter and so excited for us to become parents and embark on this this new and unknown journey together, but I do feel small pangs of sadness that my pregnancy is ending. Being pregnant is one of the most miraculous and joyous experience that I've ever experienced. I will cherish these moments for my entire life. I only hope that we are able to conceive our much wanted little boy when the time comes for our dream family to be complete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->