Cherry as a name???

When i was younger, i was friends with a girl called Cherry... EVERYone especially the boys joked about popping her Cherry, and after a while it wasn't funny any more by 6th form we called her Chez

sounds cute as a middle name but like some other i like it sounds kinda like harry potter and also it kinda sounds like a dancers nick name

aw i love the name cherry, actually it is my mil name and she is very sophisicated and has had a very successful career, i do agree though that the popping cherry and harry potter comments have a point xkx

its defintely different, tho i can see alot of people pronouncing it sherry.. (since u have cheryl, and those names like that... )

My art teacher at college was called 'Cherry' and I've always liked it :)

I really like Cherry Blossom, but unfortunately I don't think it goes well with Potter. X

I used to know one girl called Cherry and i think the name is very pretty x

I agree it's a beautiful name but would get a lot of teasing with sexual reference and Harry Potter. What about using it as a middle name? Or maybe you could name her Cherise or something and give her Cherry as a nickname? That way if the teasing is bad or she doesn't like it, she's not stuck with it?

I agree it's a beautiful name but would get a lot of teasing with sexual reference and Harry Potter. What about using it as a middle name? Or maybe you could name her Cherise or something and give her Cherry as a nickname? That way if the teasing is bad or she doesn't like it, she's not stuck with it?

good idea..

I agree with finding a name that sounds a little like Cherry, and using it as a nickname. It would be an adorable nickname for a little girl, and a cute pet name when she's older, but she can mostly stop using it during those ages when teasing is an issue.

Hahah there used to be a show on here when I was a little kid called Punky Brewster and her best friend's name was Cherry!

cherry was one of the names i had on my list for my daughter :) her middle name is Blossom too :D

I agree with the others on saying the name Cherry would be teased a lot.
Maybe you can use Cherry as a middle name? You could dress her in red & call her your little Cherry,that would be cute when she's little.

I love the name Cherry...but as a nickname. Kids can be pretty cruel! And cherry popping and Cherry Potter...or Cherry Blossom Potter...it's just asking for trouble sadly.

I love cute names, but they would never fly where I live. Names like Daisy, Cherry, and even like Summer...would be made fun of. Which sucks! Because I adore Daisy and Poppy!

i LOVE the name cherry!
theres a tv presenter on bbc three called Cherry and i never once thought..oh she must get teased alot..and she comes across as very bubbly and happy so im assuming her names never bothered her..
i think its a lovely name and while i can see that some kids would tease it..kids are going to tease another kid about ANYTHING!
if it isnt someones name..itll be something else..thats kids for you..
if an adult was to make fun of it..well then theyre just prats..
if you like it..go for it..personally i think its a lovely name..
i think cherry blossom is beautiful..i wanted blossom as a middle name if id have had a girl.

I think Cherry is really pretty, but if you're worried about teasing then I'd definitely go for something which can be shortened to Cherry. I had a friend at school called Cheryl, but we all called her Cherry. I'm sure there are lots of pretty names which can be organically shortened to Cherry.

Not liking the sexual remarks that will be made when she is a teenager.

Maybe call her Charlotte and Cherry for short? Or something else if could be a nickname for. You could also just give her a different name and call her cherry, but I feel strongly that she'll resent the name. Just my opinion.

Everyone calls my grandma 'Cherry' instead of her real name, in fact, most people think it IS her real name lol!

I love it, unique & cute. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->