chewing on fists but wont take his formula?!

ColtonsMom

Reaction score
Colton seems to be chewing on his fists and his arms alot, but he wont take his formula.
He is still only taking 2-3 ounces, sometimes he will only take 1-1.5!!
But then he gets hungry EVERY two hours. Wont eat more than that. And he gets really fussy on his bottle.

Once a day he will take a whole 4oz bottle of formula... but just once. However, with his baby juice he will still eat the whole 4oz.

He has also puked up 3 bottles of formula today.

He has been okay on his soy formula for a month now.. however, it was given to him for constipation and hasn't helped so tomorrow he is starting on "Natural Cultures".. it's the same brand, just a different kind. It's supposed to be the best formula for constipation (so the doc said).

What do you think could be wrong? Why would he not be eating his formula, but still be really hungry?

I thought about trying to put 1tbsp of baby cereal in his 4oz bottle at night (even though he doesn't eat the whole 4oz) and seeing if that fills him up better, but I am unsure with him having been constipated before. Even though the constipation is getting better and he hasn't been constipated since last wednesday.. and even pooed 3 times today (sorry if TMI)!

Any ideas?

sorry im not much help but tyler used to have a few fussy days then get over it could be wind if he's hungry but not wanting to eat. I wouldnt give him cereal in his bottle as its packed with iron which would constipate him plus he's far too young yet 3 oz is whats recommended for his age every 4 hours roughly so if he feeds every 2 he may take less.

well.. he is only taking approx. 24oz a day (sometimes less) and my pediatrician wanted him taking between 26-32oz like 3 weeks ago... thats why I worry about how much he is eating.. plus how big he is already.
And for awhile he was eating 4oz every 3 hours; but just suddenly he has went back down. I've burped him 3 times (and he burps every time) when he eats 3 oz. He will start wiggling when he needs to burp. Could he have gas though? Would that make him refrain from eating?

Yeah.. I thought the cereal would constipate him more. Thats the only reason I have refrained from giving it to him yet. My mom gave it to me at 2 weeks old, and OH's mom gave it to him at only a few weeks. But neither of us were constipated little ones. :lol:

I would see you Health care prof again about it. Maybe its indigestion putting him off, theres a solution for that, or maybe he doesn't like milk or is having trouble with it. I would definatly seek advice :hugs:

yeah i think its best to seek advice from your dr or child health just to get some real answers but yeah i think it could be gas when tyler has it he wont drink properly just bits here and there. Sorry can't be of much help. Hope you get it all worked out.

Caitlin is a sicky baby but at first she was very sicky & I changed milk which seemed to help. Shes nearly 5 months and sometimes she will only take 4oz of her bottle herself :dohh: & feeds between every 3-5 hours now but sleeps through night. If he naps longer than the 2 hourly feed will he take more then? My Aunt suggested that I tried holding out on feeds for her to last that lil bit longer for her to take more & it sort of worked she'll take from 4-8oz but she'll put her foot down & only take what she wants lol

I was having trouble with Oscar taking a little and then falling asleep to wake up starving again. I changed to the next teat up and he was fine. LO could be getting frustrated if the milk isn't coming out fast enough?
It's all plucking at straws though really...

Newt.. I've told OH that we need the next size nipple, but it's a waiting game on when he decides that Colton does.. because I dont have a job right now. It currently takes him about 30 minutes to eat his bottle and if I can get him to take 4 oz it can take up to 45 minutes.. with breaks inbetween.
I also thought it might be indigestion or something because of him spitting up more than normal. He even spit up half of another bottle last night. I hate it cause I feel like he isn't getting enough when he spits it up but then still takes the rest of the bottle...

Wobbles.. even if I get him to wait he still wont take more than that. Thats why I just go ahead and feed him when he is hungry. But, like I said, it's weird because then like 1 time a day he will just have a go at it and drink a whole 4oz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->