chewing?!

Reaction score
My LO has been a bit out of sorts for a couple of weeks now, shes not ill, but the 4 month sleep regression has hit us both hard, shes mid growth spurt and I'm pretty sure her teeth are making her grouchy (although theres no sign of them yet the HV said they could be moving around under the gum giving her pain) so all in all the last fortnight has been pretty crap. During this time my LO has taken to comfort nursing, something she never did before, I wouldn't mind, if it calms her down Ill let her do it, but when she does this she tends to bite down and chew on my nipple, If I pull her off it feels like shes going to rip my nipple of with her.
Has anyone had any experience of this sort of thing? Is there any way to stop LO doing this? My poor nipples are so sore this is almost worse than in the 1st few weeks of feeding :cry:

I've had issues off and on with LO pressing harder/chewing, but the only advice I really have is that it went away so just try to keep up with feedings. When he got his top teeth especially he'd not so much bite as put a lot of pressure, but that has so far faded. I do tell him not to"bite" but who knows what he understands.

I did go through this with DS but not quite as bad. If it is becoming hard to get her off your breast lightly hook your finger in the corner of her mouth to sort of "pop" her off your nipple if that makes sense. You won't hurt her it just breaks the suction and forces her to open up. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->