chicken pox fear...

charmed

mummy to 1, ttc no.2
Reaction score
Hiya ladies, just want bit advise, I'm bit worried, my friend now called he little 3yr old thomas has got covered in chickenpox this morning! Read online on nhs, its normally most contagious 2days before spots appear and 5days after 1st one, but takes 7-21days incubation so he would have been infected when i went for lunch with her last thur! Didnt really touch him or play him, or hug him.. Think he did give me kiss goodbye. But guess if spots only now out lucky she didnt bring him this tue when saw her for midwife, and she cant spread it can she? So he would have been most contiguous last few days this week and I have not seen him + not plannin on seeing her now until he's better. so I'm guessin all be ok.. Said only v dangerous if come in contact with it 7 days before or after giving birth.. I have had it before just worried bout baby as can be fatal! x

If you've already had chicken pox, then you don't need to worry, as you can't catch it and give it to your in utero baby... You would only need to worry if you've never had them.

Thanks, just done a good google!! Says only congious if have direct contact with him 3days before spots and I saw him 7days ago so that's fine! + yep I had it. Just says when says 30% death rate if baby gets it if I got it again 5days before or after delivery! Thank god she didn't bring him over this week!

If you've already had chicken pox, then you don't need to worry, as you can't catch it and give it to your in utero baby... You would only need to worry if you've never had them.

It's possible to be infected twice - I've had it two different times.

Good luck, charmed! :hugs:

I wouldn't worry too much. The risk of any effects on the baby are minimal towards the end. If it was first tri I'd be more concerned x

My friends little boy has it at the moment and my mw said that it is unlikely to get it again.

Yes people do it get it twice but it is normally different strains of the virus or they weren't fully infected the first time.

Chances are if you have had it you will be fine x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->