Chicken pox question

Amanda

Mum of 3
Reaction score
I've not managed to get on much lately, so sorry about starting off with a question.:blush:

I had a call from the nursery on Thursday lunch to say they thought Charlie had chicken pox. Hubbie picked him up, and they showed him some spots. When I got home, he showed me, and they were just red pin pricks, not the normal blister spots. On Friday, they were the same, but just a few more. But by Saturday, and today, they are almost gone. None of them have developed into blisters and he has no more of them come either.

Thing is, he's had a stinking cold for over a week (an early sign), it's going round at nursery, and he spent the weekend before last with a little boy who came out with the spots 3 days later. So, strictly speaking, he should be getting them.

I've had lots of people tell me that their child had spots which went away for a couple of days, then came back with the blister spots. Has anyone else had this?

Thing is, I could really do with being at work this week as 2 people are already on holiday, so if I'm off, it only leaves 1 person to do 4 peoples work. But, I have already arranged to 'work from home' as and when I can, total up my hours, then take the rest as holiday. So, what should I do? I don't want to take Charlie to nursery, only to be sent home on Tuesday. But I don't want to waste a week at home, for the chicken pox to appear the week after!

Any ideas girls? Has your LO had little spots that went away, only for them to come back days later? I've Googled it and can't find that as a symptom, but loads of people have said it happened! Confused? I bloody am!:wacko:

callum once had a rash lik this, it was viral rash, it cleared up about 4 times b4 it eventually went for good! he had the cold symptoms etc too, tho wen i phoned nhs 24 they made it sound like it was meningitus!!!!! id keep an eye on his temp etc an if teh rash worsens take him to docs :hugs:

Without putting a dampner on things hun ....

Nursery might not take him back without a doctors "all clear" note ...

There assholes like that hun!

My advice would be to take him to docs then take a note back to the nursery if he is ok, and you work ...

xxx

I actually said that this afternoon Imi.

I'm going to give them a ring at 8am, and see what they say. There's no change in him, and no more spots.

callum once had a rash lik this, it was viral rash, it cleared up about 4 times b4 it eventually went for good! he had the cold symptoms etc too, tho wen i phoned nhs 24 they made it sound like it was meningitus!!!!! id keep an eye on his temp etc an if teh rash worsens take him to docs :hugs:

we have had this wee rash a few times. Looks like the start of chickenpox the dies away completely. When they did get chickenpox the spots were more raised fatter,

Thanks hun. He's back at nursery now, but still got the odd spot, but nothing like the chicken pox blisters thankfully.

i got told callums viral rash was a mixture of teething an the heat! so keeping him nice an cool an not dribbly helped lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->