Chicken Pox!

RaspberryMini

Just the 4 of us
Reaction score
My little boy has come down with chicken pox. Am I right in thinking that I'll be ok as I had it as a child?

Tried contacting my midwife but can't get through!

Thanks!

If you had it before you have immunity to it. Dont worry you are safe :)

Taken from american pregnancy website. Looked it up just to be sure baby was safe too. :)

"What Can I Do To Protect My Baby From Chicken Pox?

If you have had chicken pox before, then there is nothing you need to do to protect your baby during pregnancy. Your body should have antibodies that protect you from contracting chicken pox; therefore, your baby will be protected."

Yeah you'll be fine. My dd had shingles when I was pregnant withArchie and we were fine :)

If you had chicken pox as a child, you should have antibodies :)

It's actually a good thing to be exposed to the virus once in a while as it keeps your antibodies up. Since the chicken pox vaccine, our age group hasn't been exposed to chicken pox as often as we used to and now we're seeing young adults developing shingles at a much younger age.

Yup, you'll be fine and so will baby. How's your wee boy? Hope he's not too itchy. A good age to get it. My son was 2 as well and he mostly took it in his stride. It did appear the day before his sister was born though so not ideal timing! Xx

Yup, you'll be fine and so will baby. How's your wee boy? Hope he's not too itchy. A good age to get it. My son was 2 as well and he mostly took it in his stride. It did appear the day before his sister was born though so not ideal timing! Xx

He's fine thanks, seems to be normal if not a bit hot but v spotty! I'm actually grateful he has it well before his baby sister arrives! :flower:

Thanks for all the advice everyone :thumbup:

He's fine thanks, seems to be normal if not a bit hot but v spotty! I'm actually grateful he has it well before his baby sister arrives! :flower:

Thanks for all the advice everyone :thumbup:
I bet! My DD hasn't had it and I was really hoping she'd get it before this baby arrived but no such luck. I'm now keeping my fingers crossed that she doesn't catch it in the next week or so!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->